Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since my blue car has been getting rebuilt I figured I'd play with this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats one hell of a five o man!!! love it!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
What all is done to that car? Nitrous maybe?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay what's going on then.....JPC runnin 2011 in the 10's gear and exhaust, pullies. Evolution running 11's same scenareo. You guys spraying and only around the same times.

Is it spray and very little bolt on's? Don't get me wrong those cars are quick as heck with little add on's, its sickning.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/drag-racing/235227-first-2011-mustang-gt-5-0l-4v-run-11s.html
Look at the MPH. The car is speed limited. We haven't figured out how to remove that from the factory tune yet.

In other words the car didn't go through the traps under power. She'll go way faster. The problem is that SCT hasn't completely unlocked the tune yet. We only have control of certain parameters.

Oh, I also believe the EVO car is sprayed.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little n2o & a lot of tuning.......

Still impressive......
She is pretty stock. REAR GEARS, LCA'S, WHEELS AND TIRES. However, we have since been able to change the speed limiter. We have a little something for her next outing.

That was just a little dry shot (50)...now we are going to put some nitrous to her!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Okay what's going on then.....JPC runnin 2011 in the 10's gear and exhaust, pullies. Evolution running 11's same scenareo. You guys spraying and only around the same times.

Is it spray and very little bolt on's? Don't get me wrong those cars are quick as heck with little add on's, its sickning.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/drag-racing/235227-first-2011-mustang-gt-5-0l-4v-run-11s.html
JPC Is running a 100 shot. This car is faster also. That is insane .

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Geez. Amazing. It doesnt sound stock. It sounds kind of lopey.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JPC Is running a 100 shot. This car is faster also. That is insane .
Thanks Bkid, I wasn't sure on the JPC car. I knew the EVO car was sprayed.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, that thing is about as bone stock as you can get. Stock clutch, stock DS, the motor hasn't been touched. In fact most of the things we'd do to a 05-09 car hasn't been done on this car yet.

She needs a better clutch, a one piece DS, shifter, and more tuning.

However, by next weekend we plan to take care of all that and more. LOL

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I always have a car that sounds like that behind me,and people ask if that is my car. I laugh and tell them that is a full drag car behind me. Makes you try harder:yup:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
lol. But it does sound good. The wild mustangs are back. I can't wait to see what they are truly capable of. Are those 4V 5.0's? I know I heard they are 306 CI (I think) because Car and Driver used to call our 302's 4.9's hehe

Sorry I am not up to par on the new Mustang. But Ill probably get one when Im like 70 when they are classics. :p

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
A pic of JPC`S time slip. The car had the passanger`s seat removed. The driver`s seat replace with a racing seat. The car had a racing spool in the rear. 100 Shot also was the power adder. They had bogarts and MT`S tires also.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
This is from Tommy at JPC.
Wow. Ok here's the low down guys. Our car is not a race car. We made due with what we had around the shop in 24 hours time. Just because it has a spool doesn't mean it's not a street car. You'll see it all weekend driving around Ocean City at the Cruisin with the 4.56's and spool and we're making a few more changes before the weekend. This is a high reving 4valve engine we all know gears work. We have a 1.1 5th gear like a race prepped trans. AWESOME, use it. Nothing race duty about the suspension either.

4.56 gears
31 spline axles
Spool
This is a rear we had laying around done. That's the only reason a spool was used. And yes you can drive a spool on the street. Did it for years. It's the only way to do it.

Bassani x pipe ( USING STOCK CONVERTERS )
Bassani Mufflers
Bogart Racing Wheels Front and Rear
28x10 slicks
Kirkey Driver seat with Manaul stock Bracket.
ZEX Nitrous System 100hp
Adjustable Stock Replacement Struts Eibach
Eibach Drag Launch Kit ( no air in bag )
Adjustable Rear Shock
Adjustable Urethane Panhard Rod
Metco Adjustable Upper w/ 05-09 Mount
Metco Lowers w/ ICM Brackets

STOCK Driveshaft / STOCK Computer no custom tuning
STOCK AIR FILTER LOL

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very impressive. The 5.0 is back and the little boys in bowties are scared!!!!!!:bowingsmilies

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Any updates on the car? Been back to the track?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.