Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm considering buying a black 05 mustang, and considering to put white shelby stripes on it and rocker panel too. I dont want the silver stripes on it, because everyone else has done that, so you guys think the white's are ok?

;mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the gold stripes that roush put on there black 360r, I personally don't like white and black. I have a 2001 mustang gt with a roush body kit, it's all custom paint. It's white with blue pearl in the clear, its also got a blue single racing stripe down the center with pin stripes around it, it also has blue pearl in the stripe. The car looks great when the sun hits it the white goes to a tint of blue, nothing like it. O I got it go with a deep red, can't go wrong with black and a dark red, I only seen new mustangs with black and bright red stipes they look really tacky, even a dark green wouldn't look to bad.

·
Registered
216 Posts
[I had white on my 03 black Stang , but shelby strips. I think that white is a great color here some pics of my 03, hope this will help you . any questions go to babwhitedecals.com. maybe pics there may help, I use him for my decals. quote=reborn mustang]i'm considering buying a black 05 mustang, and considering to put white shelby stripes on it and rocker panel too. I dont want the silver stripes on it, because everyone else has done that, so you guys think the white's are ok?

;mike[/quote]

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would not suggest getting white stripes... personally its too much contrast...but that's just me....I went with the "crowd" and sport the grey stipes lol.:tongue

·
Registered
216 Posts
The white in these pictures is reflective black,with the exception of the running ponies and they came from the factory that way in that year. If I had a choice in the 07 Shelby's I would want black with gold for the stripping.they only other choce would be white. I now have 05 silver GT with reflective white for detailing, but will go back to black, and I know how well it is to keep clean, but I love black for main color
myfast05 said:
[I had white on my 03 black Stang , but shelby strips. I think that white is a great color here some pics of my 03, hope this will help you . any questions go to babwhitedecals.com. maybe pics there may help, I use him for my decals. quote=reborn mustang]i'm considering buying a black 05 mustang, and considering to put white shelby stripes on it and rocker panel too. I dont want the silver stripes on it, because everyone else has done that, so you guys think the white's are ok?

;mike
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally think white stripes on a black car looks awesome. It's my favorite color combination actually, I'd do it, but my car is silver

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Hertz 'rent-a-racers' (Shelby Hertz GT350H) use gold stripes on black. You could probably find some pics of those if you want to see how it would look. In fact, I think there is mention of those on the AFM main page right now.

I have seen some 99-04 Mustangs in black with stripes that are what I would call a 'sand' color - sort of tan but a little lighter - that actually look good. Wasn't there a special edition Mustang that used those colors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.