Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't raced for over a month and it's killing me. Finally going out to the track this Sunday. The track (Raceway Park NJ) is having a National Dragster Challange day. Winners of each class get a Wally trophy. I'm entering in 2 classes (Street ET and Pro) and will give it a shot. Hope my lack of seat time doesn't bit me in the face.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Just go out there and have some fun!

If you end up winning, well then that's just icing on the cake!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just go out there and have some fun!

If you end up winning, well then that's just icing on the cake!:bigthumbsup

That's the attitude I'm taking. Last time there I ran pro, missed the tree (.060 light) and got my head handed to me in the first round.
Then went .010 red in the second round in street. Not fun lol. I slowed the car a bit in hopes to keep away from the redeyes. After missing a month of races I'm at the bottom in points and have no place to go but up.

R

·
0 Posts
I know know what you are talking about with the withdwal

i look at racing like riding a bike .....

make a couple of passes and you are right back in the game....

just control the butterfly's......

better late than red.....

good luck......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know know what you are talking about with the withdwal

i look at racing like riding a bike .....

make a couple of passes and you are right back in the game....

just control the butterfly's......

better late than red.....

good luck......:bigthumbsup
Butterflys come standard with round one. lol After that I'm pretty focused on the job at hand.

Lack of seat time has me a bit worried about the read at the 1000' mark. Hopefully a couple of round win will fix that issue.

I have (4 races) 12 elimination runs with my new staging method. I had one late .060 (missed the tree), 3 in the .03x's, 4 in the .02x's, no teen lights, 2 .00x (yea a win with .000 rt) , and the 2 redeyes .010 and .005. I can drop 5 lbs of rear tire pressure which should put my lights in a window of .000-.045. I lost on lights of .060, .031 and the 2 red eyes. Lost 50% due to red. Yep better late than red.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.