Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone know the possible causes for a radiator fan not turning on? My mechanic thought it was the fan resistor, so we replaced it. The fan worked for a week or two, but then stopped. The fan will spin up if power is applied directly to it. It doesn't turn on with the A/C on, nor does it turn on when the engine is well above 200 degrees.

I've read about the Constant Control Relay Module going bad. Do the 2012 GTs still use them?

I have a Roush supercharger with a VMP tune, which was installed last December. The car had been fine, even on very hot days. My car is a daily driver, so I easily have over 10,000 mi with the supercharger with no problems.

I tried reprogramming it back to stock, then back to the VMP tune. Didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
- Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello,

Anyone know the possible causes for a radiator fan not turning on? My mechanic thought it was the fan resistor, so we replaced it. The fan worked for a week or two, but then stopped. The fan will spin up if power is applied directly to it. It doesn't turn on with the A/C on, nor does it turn on when the engine is well above 200 degrees.

I've read about the Constant Control Relay Module going bad. Do the 2012 GTs still use them?

I have a Roush supercharger with a VMP tune, which was installed last December. The car had been fine, even on very hot days. My car is a daily driver, so I easily have over 10,000 mi with the supercharger with no problems.

I tried reprogramming it back to stock, then back to the VMP tune. Didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!
- Mike
Sounds like maybe something with battery or a fuse? If battery isn't supplying enough power, or if fuse is blown, these could be two possible reason. Sounds like the hardware is working, but something internally like power to the fan is either too weak or cut off somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts