Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio Problems

Ok, this is going to sound pretty stupid and off the wall, but its the only "issue" i have with my car...at the moment! LOL

Today was the first cool morning in columbus....probably low 50s. When I turn on my car, the radio "flickers". I mean, it will come on and turn off like 10-15 times while I'm driving until the car warms up. I had this same problem last winter, but was too lazy to deal with it!

The radio is FINE during the summer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys

By the way, the whole system is stock and never been upgraded.

Jason
Columbus, OH

·
Registered
879 Posts
Get a Pioneer.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brother....

I knew I was opening myself up to one of your witty replies with this post!

·
Registered
879 Posts
;)

anyways,

The ford factory deck sucks... the EQ is plain horrible. Installing an aftermarket CD player isnt really hard, you just gotta buy a "ford factory premium" wiring harness, and then splice about 20 wires together... green to green, white to white.... etc.

I love my Pioneer 7400MP that i have in the Cobra. Digital Display and it plays MP3's! Imagine having 8+ hours of music on 1 disc. Its great, i rarely ever have to change a CD.... i just flip to the next folder (next album) and there we go!

Installed in the Cobra :
http://paradox.shacknet.nu/dcastar/cobrapics/cobra27.jpg

<a href="http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2001/130/h130DEHP740-f.jpeg" target=new>Pioneer 7400MP picture</a>

It has about 6 different 'screen saver' movies, theyre all pretty cool

I have a Pioneer 7200 in my Probe, love that one too, same digital display and audio EQ functions, but it just doesnt play MP3's...

Check out www.pricegrabber.com for pricing... search for DEH-P7400MP should only be about $220

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I appreciate it it, dude! LOL

I was hoping for a quick fix though...I'm not as in to music at this point as I am into power mods. Was hoping someone might have experienced this.

I will definatly store the info for a later purchase! Thanks again!

Jason

·
Registered
879 Posts
it'll probably cost you almost as much, if not as much, to 'fix' your factory deck, as it would to buy a new aftermarket cd player.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The problem more than likely with you deck, is going to be the circit board. Like you said that it's fine after it warms up, and fine in the summer, means that when it's cold, the board shrinks, and when it warms up enough, it expands. It may have a crack in the board, shop around, and you'll be able to find a inexpencive stere to get you by for now.

·
0 Posts
You could get a working factory deck from someone on Ebay, might be even cheaper than an aftermarket deck, or you could go to Walmart and get the 60-watt Road Gear deck, It's okay if you don't really care about features, and don't mind skipping on even slightly dusty or scratched CDs or unpredictable reactions to bumps in the road from it. I bought one about 1 1/2 years ago for my Camaro, and it survived longer than 2 cars I owned, It got stolen (I got it back), soaked (was in the back of my friend's pickup when it rained), and dropped a few times, It always worked great anyway. It really rocked when hooked up to an amp and subs. Like I said, it just lacks features, but it's worth the $60

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again guys for your suggestions and comments!

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.