Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their radio from the car yet themselves.I want to remove the power point in the dash and use the wiring to power a set of switches I am adding in the dask next to the power point.I stopped at Circuit City and they nave not removed a radio from a 2005 yet.If any one has done it,do you have to remove a lot of stuff to get at it or are there a couple of hidden bolts to undo and it will come right out.I don't want to destroy the dash to get at it so if its not a simple project I will just run power in from under the hood.If anyone can shed some light on getting it out let me knpw.Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
do a search--i have seen the disassembly PDF's a few times on this site

·
Registered
208 Posts
from: http://www.panavise.com/f/comm/indash/instruction.html?partn=75107-705

Step# 01
Begin by removing the center console top cover. Open the center console storage cover, With the Phillips screwdriver, remove the (2) phillips screws at the back under the door.Lift off the shifter bezel outline trim. The Automatic Transmission bezel comes of and set aside. The Manual transmission bezel will be guided into the opening for the shifter upon removal of the console cover.

Step# 02
Lift up on the center console cover to release (6) total clips. With manual transmission guide the shifter boot through the shifter opening. Guide the cover over the emergency brake lever, and set aside.Remove the center stack wings on either side of the radio, by pulling them straight out towards you. There are (4) clips on the right side wing, and (3) clips on the left side wing.

Step# 03
With 9/32" socket driver remove the (6) screws that hold the radio bezel in place and includes the climate control and switches. Lift out this bezel enough to get at the (2) right side radio screws. remove the screws. Place the (19A) bottome piec of the InDash by PanaVise Mount over the (2) holes and replace the (2) screws.

Step# 04
Replace the radio bezel, screws, and wings. Install the InDash by PanaVise Mount top part with the part number on it with the (2) Acorn Nuts provided. Replace the console cover in reverse order.

wiring info: http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Ford-Wiring.pdf

Aux button info: http://members.tripod.com/2005stang-auxbutton/

more aux info: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html

pm for any other questions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the dash apart far enough to do what I needed to do.Thanks for the input,it certainally helped.I used the power going to the power point to power my switches to turn on/off the fog lights and used the second switch to release the trunk lid.Got it all put back together without breaking anything and it looks and works like a charm.Since I don't have power to the power point anymore found a black plug to stick in the hole and for 1.00 it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pictures, please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instrument Panel Center Finish Panel Removal

Hello Folks, I've found several posts regarding radio removal for the 2005 but I'm having problems with removing the center finish panel. The 3 knobs at the bottom seem to be attached and is not easily coming off as the illustration and 2 steps indicate. Are there any secrets I don't know about or am I just not pulling hard enough?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hello Folks, I've found several posts regarding radio removal for the 2005 but I'm having problems with removing the center finish panel. The 3 knobs at the bottom seem to be attached and is not easily coming off as the illustration and 2 steps indicate. Are there any secrets I don't know about or am I just not pulling hard enough?

Thanks.
That diagram is right and it is wrong. The A/C controls are attached to the panel when you pull it out. The connectors are FIRMLY attached to that A/C unit. You can separate them, but you have to pull it out as a unit first. There are two electrical connectors; one behind the left knob and one behind the right. You have to PULL the left one and pull it hard. It will pop out. The right one has a gray lever that locks it in place. I believe you need to push it up to unlock the connector. Now you can remove the controls and panel as one piece.

It's a tight fit, but if you can get down there with a flashlight, you'll see what I'm talking about.

See attached pics for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
changed for 07 model year

I beleive the design of these was changed for the 2007 model year. We have replaced several broken hvac knobs. requires new module if broken!
do NOT force

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.