Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pretty 2005 Torch Red Stang coupe (NOT convertible) was parked in my driveway and a serious thunderstorm rolled through. I open my car doors and there is water in the scuff plate areas and on the underside of the car doors! A lot of water! Dealer is stumped, no fix. Window seals seem to be in place, nothing missing. Windows were up fully, doors closed fully and locked. No water in the cabin or trunk. What do I do, just carry around a towel with me? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
121 Posts
sorry, i don't have a fix, but i can sympathize with the wet interior. i left my passenger side window open one night and we had a bad storm blow through. i woke up to a standing puddle on the passenger side floor the next morning. i toweled it up and drove with the heat on for a couple days before it went away.

i would suspect the windows aren't sealed all the way. they drop down and back up when you open the door. maybe there's a malfunction in there?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rain in the Stang

No I checked that.Windows were up fully. Also again water did not breach the cabin just the scuff area. However while taking my car in to have some weld slag removed from UNDER my factory paint (nice QC Ford!) and repainted, I asked the dealer about it. They had other Stangs in the lot and did the water hose thing to them and got some water in the same area. Checked my seals and the window seems to be going up IN the seal instead of seating behind it like another Stang in the lot. So I pushed the seals to the same config as the other Stang and we'll see I guess. Is this a design flaw?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No. Apparently there are drain plugs in the floorboard. Some Mustangs slipped out of the factory without their plugs. The water is actually coming from underneath, it usually takes a hard rain to do this.

Someone else may be able to post more info on this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rain in the Stang

I don't think it is coming from underneath the floorboard. Again there is water on the underside of the car door which makes me believe it ran down from the side because there was water there too although not much (because it all ran down on to the scuff plate area!) Also the car was parked the whole time in a driveway with a slope so I doubt the rain bounced up from underneath and it was not kicked up from the front tires.

·
Registered
386 Posts
slowhiteboy said:
My pretty 2005 Torch Red Stang coupe (NOT convertible) was parked in my driveway and a serious thunderstorm rolled through. I open my car doors and there is water in the scuff plate areas and on the underside of the car doors! A lot of water! Dealer is stumped, no fix. Window seals seem to be in place, nothing missing. Windows were up fully, doors closed fully and locked. No water in the cabin or trunk. What do I do, just carry around a towel with me? Anyone else have this problem?
In heavy rains with VERY heavy winds water can seep in from almost anywhere. I have an all weather cover for when I leave the stang outside overnight & cover it regardless of the weather. Keeps , leaves bugs , bird crap & other debris off the car. Covers with cable tie downs are helpful during bad storms if there is no garage.

I mention this as when I wash my car I see how many areas around the doors, windows & bumpers water will seep into .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts