Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this was discussed when I first got my car (Jan 05.. comin up on a year :kooky: ) . Anyway, Has anybody found any kind of raise for that passenger seat. What a joke that is, No matter who I put in that seat they look like they are 3 years old. It is kind of embarassing and very uncomfortable. Come on aftermarket world. Come up with something!:worship

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Seat raisers

Can you put bushings under it? It's more technical than, say, phone books :) but my only concern is safety. How much stronger should you make the bolts if you move the seat up an inch? Do you *have* to get more sturdy bolts? The hardware store should have aluminum bushings that will fit over the bolts that hold down the seat. Like really long washers.

I don't know about safety but I never sit in the passenger's seat so I don't care about that seat very much :) I don't have kids so the backseat will never have me in it. I am not sure I could care any less about comfort in any seat but mine. It makes me laugh about the passenger looking like a kid, b/c they are so low! Makes them feel like they are in a bigger car?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sitting in the passenger seat makes you feel as though you have just been stuck sitting in the bench seat of a Hummer. When the passenger is seen through the window it will look as if Shaquille O'neal was the size of Mugsy Bogues. Well hopefully somebody will chime in because if you raised it up I am sure the airbag would crush your stomach, miss your head, and cause fatal internal bleeding. Other than that, I see no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.