Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is 5' and complains that her passenger seat is so low she has trouble seeing out of the windshield. No, phone books etc. are not an acceptable solution. I am wondering if I could get another set of seat brackets and weld or bolt them in such a way that it would raise up her seat. Any thoughts.

S

·
0 Posts
do you have the power passenger seat?

if not, you might want to check one out and see if it gets high enough for her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raise seat

No the passenger seat is not a power seat. I think that would solve the problem but a $500 expense is a larger problem if you now what I mean.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm 5'8" and still have trouble seeing over the front when the seat is in the normal position... thankfully, our 'stang has the power seat to raise it up.

Question: Is your wife the only one who ever rides in that seat? Because if you raise it up and then find that you're giving a ride to someone who sits higher, their head may find a nice introduction to the roofliner. :)

You might want to just try a good sized seat cushion to raise her view until you can afford the power seats... (and a cushion has the added benefit of being comfy!)

Also, as an aside, I got one of those dog-bone pillows that strap to the headrest to help alleviate the "beat-in-the-back-of-the-head-by-the-headrest" syndrome that these new angled headrests have. If she also has that problem, that might help that as well.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My wife is 5' and complains that her passenger seat is so low she has trouble seeing out of the windshield. No, phone books etc. are not an acceptable solution. I am wondering if I could get another set of seat brackets and weld or bolt them in such a way that it would raise up her seat. Any thoughts.
Fortunately when I test drove the Mustang initially my wife was with me and made it a condition that we would have to get the power passenger seat option.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, she is the only one who rides with me, but if the seat is too tall for someone else they can just ride in the back.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My wife is 5' and never complained of such.
Tell her to tough it out!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
What does she need to see? Shes not driving :)

My 9 year old keeps his old booster seat around. Maybe you can get her one, lol.
I do have a cowl hood which does make it harder for shorter people to see.

S

·
0 Posts
No the passenger seat is not a power seat. I think that would solve the problem but a $500 expense is a larger problem if you now what I mean.

I understand totally!

I definitely wouldn't reccomend trying to weld another set of brackets on top of the ones you already have...that just doesn't sound like it would be very safe...

Have you tried looking for something to replace the brackets with that would be taller? like maybe something designed for a truck seat?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Short wives

2" Spacer blocks shouldn't be too hard. My wife at 4-11.5 just complained yesterday after 10 months, wives apparently have some kind of global network. I won't tell the ideal woman joke.

·
Registered
362 Posts
For God Sake! Don't mess with the Stang. Stretch her neck or something. Just kidding. It sounds like a Hassel

·
Registered
362 Posts
As I was saying.. It sounds like a hassel VS cost issue. Some people have all the resources at hand to fabricate and install anything. The other just have to buy. I might end up being well worth the $500 power seat.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My five-foot-tall wife couldn't see out of the convertible, either. Not very well, anyway. She got a "pet throw" from Costco, folded the throw in quarters, made a zippered bag to fit out of black material, sewed a couple of velcro "hook" strips to it, and it sticks pretty good to the fabric seats. Probably require a little more development for leather seats. It works fine for her.

One of the selling points on the new car was the power passenger seat. She feels as if Mr Ford finally did something for her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.