Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Icurle I saw your mustang had the ram air. How much was it for the GT hood and the Ram air kit? I found only the ram air on mustangtuning.com. Thanks for helping me out! Also, where can back smoked out taillights be found? I can only find front. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The Ram Air on my car is made by my company, svr-racing, the hood was cut out for heat escape, the ram air works through a scoop on the passenger fog light and channels it to the filter. The hood is stock V6 hood, just a little more functional.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
lcurle said:
The Ram Air on my car is made by my company, svr-racing, the hood was cut out for heat escape, the ram air works through a scoop on the passenger fog light and channels it to the filter. The hood is stock V6 hood, just a little more functional.
What exactly does ram air do?

It's my understanding that it sucks in more air? but with a regulating MAF the car will only suck in as much air as it's programmed to.

Other say cooler air? but with little particles of water and dirt to lock up the engine also?

Does it still remain a myth, or do you do something special with your Ram Air system or any Ram Air system around currently?

www.bansheeperformance.com used to make an awesome Ram Air system but i dont think they're around anymore.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The way the ram air works it that it forces air into your intake system, yes your MAF can only read so much air, but the faster the air an te more you cram in there the more it reads and the more fuel it dumps. The lower and further away you can draw air from your engine bay the cooler it will be and the better performance you can get out of the Ram Air. Throttle response wil increase, and I dont know about gas mileage. So in fact both myths are true, your getting more and cooler air then before. With the little particals of dirt and water on the road, there not a great concern, but there is a little catch plate the will force out little things with the force of the air. The kit sits back inside the bumper so there isnt really an issue with picking anything up, at least I havent picked anything up driving t and from Ny to Texas a couple times.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
not true, as long as your moving forward your pushing more air into your intake, unless there is a vaccum sucking air at the same speed your traveling forward, then Cpt. Kirk or Pikard will have to find a way to twart that paradox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.