Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 vert gt and I am looking to put a good ram air kit on it. Does anyone make a good conversion kit that uses the hood scoop in the gt or do I have to go with a kit the places the scoop under the car? Also, what is the best brand kit to go with?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I believe Classic Design Concepts came out witha kit for that. I'm not sure how much it costs or exactly what's entailed in the job, but check out their website.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't think anyone is making a Ram Air kit that uses the scoop anymore. Classic Design Concepts makes a Mach 1 conversion ram air for about $800.
Under the bumper is probably your only choice.
But I have to ask you -- why? No one has ever shown that those Ram Air kits do anything to a 99+ GT. You're better off buying a K&N FIPK or a Densecharger CAI, at least those have some proven dyno results.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
lightblade said:
ram air is a phenomena that does not exist at car velocities, so it does absolutely nothing but cost money
Lightblade is correct here. Read this: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18409

And look at K&N FIPKs and DeMolet: http://www.demolet.com/ - also, consider just taking out silencer and dropping in replacement K&N filter and saving the rest of whatever money for things that work like gears, some subframe connectors for that flexy vert, some Sylvania Silver Stars, a front strut brace if don't have one.

·
Registered
437 Posts
pull your right headlight out. JK... :laughlitt buddy of mine bought the March "ram air" kit , didnn't do a damn thing.:sterb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
so the jlt ram air intake wont do a thing either? :headscratch:
cuz if it doesnt then i just wasted my money..i ordered one 2 days ago, havent gotten it yet so idk how it feels

·
Registered
251 Posts
u cud go with a shaker kit...

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
so the jlt ram air intake wont do a thing either? :headscratch:
cuz if it doesnt then i just wasted my money..i ordered one 2 days ago, havent gotten it yet so idk how it feels
The JLT Ram Air intake isn't the same type of setup as they are talking about. The JLT Ram Air is just a short intake setup that puts the filter right above the exhaust manifolds.........Good thinking there......

The JLT True Cold Air is a great piece though, just not a fan of their ram air setup for my car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
gotcha.. that makes sense to me bcuz i always wondered wat the diffrence was between the two i just assumed it was the same type of setup thanks bullitt

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I would go with a good CAI kit, it will perform better than the shaker kit and cost less, although the shaker does look cool:hihi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.