Ford Mustang Forum banner

Random loss of power 93 Notchback

658 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  squekster 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, Ive been trying to see if anyone has had the same issue but havnt really found anything similar to whats going on with my car. I have a 93 mustang Notchback, 5.0 5-Speed. It has motor work, twisted wedge heads, edelbrok performer intake, anderson n-41 cam, jacobs ignition box, stock distributor, a/c delete, bbk long tube headers, bbk h-pipe, and flowmaster exhaust.

So my problem is I have noticed that at high rpm's I have no power anymore. I used to feel the car pull well into 6000-6500 range and then as soon as I hit the next gear It was pulling just as hard. Now once It hits about the 4500-5000 range it just plains out there and just isnt pulling anymore. Ever since I did plugs, wires, intake gasket, and new waterpump, instead of the electric one It had, I have noticed much less power. The weirdest thing tho that I had to do was turn over the Idle Air Bypass Valve. The previous owner had installed it upside down...where I had driven the car well over 5000 miles like that and never knew it until I did the gaskets on the intake. I did all of this work at one time, and ever since then I have noticed somethings wrong. Plugs were absolutely matched to the trickflow heads, whatever they called for, and then were 100% gapped properly. I put new bosch plug wires, nothing fancy, and new serpentine belt. Even did a fuel filter.

I dont know what could possibly be robbing power. With the new gaskets and everything I did I was expecting to feel a major power gain considering the owner before me had let the car sit so long without maintenance.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Rich

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.