Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got alot going thru my mind and im just gana put it all out here and see what i get.

1 - i hear ppl saying i can get v6 turbo/pro/stack -charger kits used for cheap.. But Where!? iv looked everywhere.. should i just hunt for sale posts on popular stang forums?
(so far this is the only one i like so i dont like that idea =P )

2 - ebay turbo kits, i know i know everyone says there crap and they are but for the price and hp gain there not all that bad my friend has a single on his civic EX and he gained like 30-40 hp.. and a civic is obv a 4cyl :scratchchin
its def a joke compared too other kits like hellion and turbonetics but it would take me 2 years or more to save up 5k! (im bad at saving lol rly bad) and im not lookin to break drag records i just want my sixer to earn some respect and the TT badge.. what do you think? all together the ebay kit would cost me a max of 2k with the up and down pipes custom made, and wit the low psi (6-8) it would be easy on my engine..
speaking of engine is there a point of no retern on turboing a car ppl say they have too many miles to do it? how many miles is too much? if i install one i want it for a long time. (i have 40k right now :hihi: )

3 - wth is a roots supercharger? is that a street name for a pro-charger? or the stack charger?

4 - can i spray paint my car? (not the hole thing obv) just the back trunk area between the tail lights? should i sand/buff it frist?? will the touch up spray paint at like autozone work??
and what about that fog like spray? iv heard some great things about it if you do it right.

5 - where the heck can i get somone to customize a car seat mounting frame???
i have some very cool blk trek seats (i know volk's+ford = fail but i dont have 800$ for new sport seats.. so im doing what i can) the stock ones are just soo flat and big i cant stand them...

6 - my friend had her car interior redone by this company downtown all her seats are now covered wit some special design by some exspensive purse brand looks cool but i wana know how well they hold up.. anyone else have that done or no anyone who did what problems did they run into what was the price range??
(obv i want a dif design..)

7 - i can bore my engine for bigger cyl heads? is that a bad thing? will it effect heat or engine life? any recomendation's on what cyl to get or what company can bore good? will i need an injector upgrade?

8 - where can i find good sparks and sport injectors for a sixer? AM.com is a V8 lubber :laugh: and that sixer site dosnt work on my comp for some reason.

9 - dose anyone know how to take a mustang console out.. im re-wiring my OD to a switch (for cool points and so i can put a pistol grip shifter on) obv an auto

10 - how hard is it to upgrade my supsesion with v8 stuff (arms struts mounts the works) i have alot of rust under there and im gana need to replace it in the next 2 yr or so and was woundering if it would be easy to upgrade wile im at it..

i think that's it for now any help would be awesome obv im not in the know and just trying to get a plan together for my car :happydance:
sry for any bad spelling or english.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
So i got alot going thru my mind and im just gana put it all out here and see what i get.

1 - i hear ppl saying i can get v6 turbo/pro/stack -charger kits used for cheap.. But Where!? iv looked everywhere.. should i just hunt for sale posts on popular stang forums?
(so far this is the only one i like so i dont like that idea =P )

2 - ebay turbo kits, i know i know everyone says there crap and they are but for the price and hp gain there not all that bad my friend has a single on his civic EX and he gained like 30-40 hp.. and a civic is obv a 4cyl :scratchchin
its def a joke compared too other kits like hellion and turbonetics but it would take me 2 years or more to save up 5k! (im bad at saving lol rly bad) and im not lookin to break drag records i just want my sixer to earn some respect and the TT badge.. what do you think? all together the ebay kit would cost me a max of 2k with the up and down pipes custom made, and wit the low psi (6-8) it would be easy on my engine..
speaking of engine is there a point of no retern on turboing a car ppl say they have too many miles to do it? how many miles is too much? if i install one i want it for a long time. (i have 40k right now :hihi: )

3 - wth is a roots supercharger? is that a street name for a pro-charger? or the stack charger?

4 - can i spray paint my car? (not the hole thing obv) just the back trunk area between the tail lights? should i sand/buff it frist?? will the touch up spray paint at like autozone work??
and what about that fog like spray? iv heard some great things about it if you do it right.

5 - where the heck can i get somone to customize a car seat mounting frame???
i have some very cool blk trek seats (i know volk's+ford = fail but i dont have 800$ for new sport seats.. so im doing what i can) the stock ones are just soo flat and big i cant stand them...

6 - my friend had her car interior redone by this company downtown all her seats are now covered wit some special design by some exspensive purse brand looks cool but i wana know how well they hold up.. anyone else have that done or no anyone who did what problems did they run into what was the price range??
(obv i want a dif design..)

7 - i can bore my engine for bigger cyl heads? is that a bad thing? will it effect heat or engine life? any recomendation's on what cyl to get or what company can bore good? will i need an injector upgrade?

8 - where can i find good sparks and sport injectors for a sixer? AM.com is a V8 lubber :laugh: and that sixer site dosnt work on my comp for some reason.

9 - dose anyone know how to take a mustang console out.. im re-wiring my OD to a switch (for cool points and so i can put a pistol grip shifter on) obv an auto

10 - how hard is it to upgrade my supsesion with v8 stuff (arms struts mounts the works) i have alot of rust under there and im gana need to replace it in the next 2 yr or so and was woundering if it would be easy to upgrade wile im at it..

i think that's it for now any help would be awesome obv im not in the know and just trying to get a plan together for my car :happydance:
sry for any bad spelling or english.
Let me see.

1.) vortech - procharger - turbo kit, they are getting harder to find for cheap prices but deals are out.
2.) Don't buy cheap turbo's from eBay, when they decide to start splitting into metal chunks they go into your engine and bad things happen.
3.) Its a type of supercharger. (generally sits on top of the motor and provides instant boost and great low end / mid range)
4.) If you're good at it yes.
5.) Try local shops / custom shops / audio shops / etc.
6.) I've seen it done, looks ghetto to me (the purse designs and all gucci , etc)
7.) You bore an engine for bigger cylinders, not heads.
8.) Spark plugs? - AutoZone Fuel Injectors? Depending on your horsepower goal [any injectors for an 03/04 cobra - gt will work]
9.) just look around there are screws and push pins its not too hard.
10.) its all pretty much the same, except the rear axle. They make great suspension parts for us.

Note: - no such thing as a "stack" charger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me see.

1.) vortech - procharger - turbo kit, they are getting harder to find for cheap prices but deals are out.
2.) Don't buy cheap turbo's from eBay, when they decide to start splitting into metal chunks they go into your engine and bad things happen.
3.) Its a type of supercharger. (generally sits on top of the motor and provides instant boost and great low end / mid range)
4.) If you're good at it yes.
5.) Try local shops / custom shops / audio shops / etc.
6.) I've seen it done, looks ghetto to me (the purse designs and all gucci , etc)
7.) You bore an engine for bigger cylinders, not heads.
8.) Spark plugs? - AutoZone Fuel Injectors? Depending on your horsepower goal [any injectors for an 03/04 cobra - gt will work]
9.) just look around there are screws and push pins its not too hard.
10.) its all pretty much the same, except the rear axle. They make great suspension parts for us.

Note: - no such thing as a "stack" charger.
6 - hows it getto?? the 03 cobra has a stock green-purple two tone amphibian interior seats.. ford is getto!? and i dont want some crazy two one i just want leather....
7 - Obv Cyl heads...
8 - cobra and gt injectors fit in a stock sixer... i didn't know that sweet.
9 - no the the shifter bezzel mount thing has a trick to it you gata push the sides in or somthing like that but idk exactly.

as for stack chargers.. idk what you guys call them but everyone down here calls a "stack" when you mount you supercharger and throttle intake on you manifold to create a stack effect , i guess its a street term for roots then

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
9 - no the the shifter bezzel mount thing has a trick to it you gata push the sides in or somthing like that but idk exactly.
There's no trick. You just have to grab under the lip of the bezzel and pry it up with force. I was scared I was going to break it, but it pops out with a bit of force.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
6 - hows it getto?? the 03 cobra has a stock green-purple two tone amphibian interior seats.. ford is getto!? and i dont want some crazy two one i just want leather....
7 - Obv Cyl heads...
8 - cobra and gt injectors fit in a stock sixer... i didn't know that sweet.

as for stack chargers.. idk what you guys call them but everyone down here calls a "stack" when you mount you supercharger and throttle intake on you manifold to create a stack effect , i guess its a street term for roots then
6.) Thats what I call it, the mystichrome seats on the mysticchrome cobra is just cool. The whole gucci/louie/dior seat thing just doesn't look right it looks good on like 10/100000 cars.
7.) :D
8.) mmhmm
9.) no trick

The stack charger thing must just be a "wherever you live" term because nobody on any of the streets I've ever been too calls them that. Most pepole just say a blower.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6.) Thats what I call it, the mystichrome seats on the mysticchrome cobra is just cool. The whole gucci/louie/dior seat thing just doesn't look right it looks good on like 10/100000 cars.
7.) :D
8.) mmhmm
9.) no trick

The stack charger thing must just be a "wherever you live" term because nobody on any of the streets I've ever been too calls them that. Most pepole just say a blower.
ya if i get some crazy design i dont want that i just want black LEATHER =(( i miss it my gt had it but my v6 dont and buying the full set even at a junk yard is like 300+ easy.

isn't a blower referance too a supercharger because it "blows".. the trottle intake just opens and close's.. F/I is referance to trubo's because its forced by your exhaust but latly ppl use it for any type of psi booster, idk maybe ,my lingos all ****** up :headscratch:

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Forced induction can be a supercharger or turbo. Injectors only get changed with a change in flow. You should not put larger injectors in a stock motor unless the flow has changed by either forced induction or a H/C/I upgrade. Only then do you change them according to targeted horsepower....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forced induction can be a supercharger or turbo. Injectors only get changed with a change in flow. You should not put larger injectors in a stock motor unless the flow has changed by either forced induction or a H/C/I upgrade. Only then do you change them according to targeted horsepower....

cant you control your gas consumption/levels with a tune..?
:scratchchin idk how they work havnt gotten one yet

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
cant you control your gas consumption/levels with a tune..?
:scratchchin idk how they work havnt gotten one yet
Yes, the tuner can control how much fuel goes into the engine according to airflow -- but it's limited by the size of the injectors. However, if the injectors are too large, you will end up "flooding" a stock set-up... Lemme explain better:

stock air flow = small bucket
stock injectors = garden hose
--they work well and fill quickly

bigger injectors = fire hose
--would kill the "bucket" and there's no control

bigger airflow (H/C/I or FI) = large tank
--larger injectors (fire hose) and larger air flow (tank) work well together

Understand? :scratchchin So, a tuner is good for tweaking the fuel flow within the range of the injectors; but the injectors should match the airflow range (small for stock and larger for modded). Didn't mean to be long-winded... :shigrin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.