Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2.3 sohc or 2.5 dohc from a ranger p/u work in a mustang. And where can I get the lowest priced forged piston for it? what do you think fo the turbo kit for the 2.3l sohc on ebay? I can,t get the guy to answer his email

G

·
It depends on which 2.3 you get from a Ranger.

The one used until the mid 90s will fit with few issues (there were a few things that you'll need to re-use from your older engine).

The one used from the late 90s up will not (it's an all-new design)

The 2.5 is different too I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

When it comes to forged 2.3 pistons, Racer Walsh carries them, as well as a few others, there's a 2.3 parts thread going already with a list of places to get parts.

If you really want some more displacement, you can have your 2.3 bored out and/or get a stroker kit for it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
does anyone have any numbers on this??? with turbo and without????

I thought there was a guy on here who did these heads for people????
Well I looked up the Volvo stuff.. Its w/ turbo.. but this is volvo motor numbers.. 2.3L DOHC w/turbo is rated at 245rwhp.. which is A LOT BETTER than 88hp

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here are the URL's to a couple of mustangs with Volvo heads... Now I am hearing you can get like upper 300hp outta these..

YouTube - Ford 2.3 with Volvo head

sounds pretty potent..

MySpaceTV Videos: 2.3l turbo mustang, with a volvo dohc head. 16v. by the one who got away?

that one is all stock except the head.. sounds pretty sweet to me.. I'm getting wood from it! LOL!

I wonder what kinda horsepower it would produce with some nitrous, supercharger, and a bigger turbocharger, and stroked to a 2.5?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ebay turbo kit

Can anyone give me some real info on the ebay turbo kit. Thr a**hole and ssautochrome who sells them won't answer their emails.:headscratch:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.