Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had requested pictures of the stuff I've done so far in my quest to make the new Boss 429. With a V6. Yes, this is insane- but never fear, the 6 will be replaced with a Shelby engine.

If you're wondering why the hell I didn't just get a GT, it's because I'm a lowly high school student. The same reason goes to why these mods will take a long time to complete. No cash.

These so far are all cosmetic mods, except for the Magnaflows. I'm not near done with the outside, so it doesn't really look like a Boss yet. More like a regular 69. I have plans for a CDC chin spoiler, ducktail spoiler, the hood and scoop from the new foose Stallion, a powdercoated black billet grille with offset running pony emblem, and Xenon side scoops.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics. If anyone wants to see some of a certain angle, just tell me and i'll run outside and take a snapshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Very nice.

I wish I had a car like that when I was in high school....

But I would've trashed it anyway.....

I would get a back bumper cover from a GT to rout that double pipe through...it looks a little off with one notched and the other not. But, sweet looking 'Stang nonetheless!!!
Good job! Remember to keep your grades up, or the P's might take it away!!!!!!:sterb: And Texas has a law with GPA and driving, which is a good thing!

N

·
0 Posts
good job kid...but jeeez how much did that run ya? i wonder...if you got the gt with cloth interior...base radio...base wheels...would it be around the same price as that 6 with all the mods? anyway....awesome job...if you got that rear gt badge who could tell?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the mods so far haven't been too expensive. I'm not sure exactly, but I did this all for under 2,000.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Everything looks good. And like another post said, we didn't have something like that in high school. Although we did spend a week making a floor shift in shop class when we could have bought one cheap.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Ok, Ill be the devils advocate. I dont like it :(
too much chrome bling bling going on. Id expect to see that in the ghetto around here. And defintly need a GT rear bumper. fenderwell chrome strips and curb feelers next!
Dont get mad at me! Its just an opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, it's fine. I agree, I need a GT rear bumper- I need a job first though.

The chrome is largely an experiment. It's 3/8" doortrim applied with 3M tape. I like it around the taillights and around the side windows, but the front windshield, back window and grille are largely just experiment to try and make it look more like the 69- those are the areas they had chrome applied. It's difficult to maintain on there, so I may end up taking it off, unless it gets good feedback.

The doorhandles are actually just plastic covers that apply with 3M over the existing handle, cost me $50 on ebay, which is about as good as you'll get it.

This is what i'm basing it all on: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/boss429.jpg

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Makes sense now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I removed the chrome from the front and rear windows, and I agree it looks better- the chrome that remains on the side windows and grille just adds to the car instead of overpowering it.

Next up is a billet antenna.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice job

Looks cool - nice job!

·
Registered
255 Posts
raptorv22 said:
I removed the chrome from the front and rear windows, and I agree it looks better- the chrome that remains on the side windows and grille just adds to the car instead of overpowering it.

Next up is a billet antenna.
Instead of a billet antenna, why not get one of the stock silver ones from the '04 Mustang? (or I think the trucks still have them)
You can cut it down to the length you want. Also it'll look a lot more retro than any of the aftermarket ones out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts