Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this rattle in my engine, it only occurs when i go up hill or florr it until it changes gear, what is causing this and how can i fix it, cuz its the most emarrasing sound ever, even worse than worn brakes squeil.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so does anybody know? i would really like to fix this but i cant figure out what it is. i really need help guys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like spark-knock to me. Run a full tank of premium and see if that takes care of it. Tubo engines need higher octain gas to prevent spark-knock at acceleration or under a heavy load (uphill). It's expensive, but less than the damage that you may be doing to your engine. Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ill try that, my engine is not a turbo though woul that make any difference? but thanks for the advice ill let you know if it works

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the rattle lessens or stops with the premium it's a pretty good indication that your timing is off. Have it checked by a decent mechanic, especially if you've had any engine mods done. It could be bad gas. If you noticed it after changing to a certain brand - change to another brand. Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.