Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed new front struts and caster camber plates, (I installed lowering springs a few months back) and since I installed the c/c plates there is a rattle/knocking noise coming from what sounds like the front suspension. I have checked to make sure everything is tight, I even had an actual technician look and I can't pinpoint why I hear the noise. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
What brand are the CC plates? I've seen 'em where they will loosen up and shift around on top of the strut tower.
In reality, there are about a billion possible reasons why you can hear knocking from the front suspension. More info is needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
c/c plates

I got the Steeda plates. And the noise is heard over (more or less) small repetious bumps. It's crazy and it worries me. Out of the stock components on top of the strut tower, are any of them reused? I made sure the components on top of the strut tower are tight.

·
Registered
806 Posts
what about your ball joints??? i had a knocking noise coming from the right side of my enging bay and didnt know what it was. Turns out it was a worn out ball joint because it wore itself out when i lowered the car. good luck though

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Welcome to the world of taking rubber bushings out and adding spherical bushings (the CC plates). Mine are noisy as well, so I'm swapping them for a set of Maximum Motorsports ones, hopefully they'll be a bit quieter, because I feel your pain. It sounds like the car is a piece of junk because of the rattling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.