Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm interested to see them lit up and how the sequentials look with the new setup..also wish they had showed the pure red ones on the grabber blue to give me a better idea.

regardless I still like my current ones alot:yelpleased:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Yeah.. if it ain't broken.. don't fix it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, what if they made a 2013 style tail light for our cars? Would you guys still say if it aint broke lol? I dont have any problems with the tail lights myself, but im always up to some moding to make my car unique. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Here ya go. Look through the pics that AM have uploaded. They show you how it looks with the brakes on. Not that great of a pic but a basic idea of them.
Raxiom Aero Mustang Tail Lights (10-12) 49146 - Free Shipping!
yup was looking at those before..im sure will start seeing them popping up on peoples cars soon enough.

Maybe AM can do another video or something showing them lit up longer and using the signals..more pics are always good too:yelpleased:

·
Registered
968 Posts
When I saw the new (10-12) Mustangs back in 09-10, I just couldnt get over how ugly the new tail lights were and I wished that they kept the 05-09 tail lights. I really dont like change at first but after a while, I grew to love them. I like the 05-09 tail lights on the 05-09 Mustangs and the 10-12 tail lights on the 10-12 Mustangs.. With that being said, I like the factory tail lights more than those aero tail lights, after growing accustom to them for the past couple years.

But I'd still love to see some more photos of those tail lights. I wonder how it would've looked like if the reverse light was the same size as on the old Mustangs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah.. if it ain't broken.. don't fix it.
+1

I like my OEM's just fine, and with the MMD Bezels they're perfect. I remember as a kid we used to test each other on model years by headlights/taillights. Now being able to "cut and paste" whatever fits just doesn't seem right. But to each his own. Ah....the good old days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They should have made 2013 replica's for 2011-12's.. then they would fly off the shelves. But the time they put these into design/production they probably had no idea about them at the time. I hope they read this because that is an easy market sell right there. High demand.. no supply :[

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They should have made 2013 replica's for 2011-12's.. then they would fly off the shelves. But the time they put these into design/production they probably had no idea about them at the time. I hope they read this because that is an easy market sell right there. High demand.. no supply :[
Agreed, Id like to see a set thats like the stock 2013's and also one in red. Idk why lol.

·
Banned
293 Posts
I couldn't stand the stock ones when I first saw them but since tinting them, I don't mind them. While I do like these Raxioms, I don't like them $225 more than my stock tinted tails..

·
Registered
549 Posts
Im not a fan. I love the reverse located in between. These raxiom looks awkward, reminds me of sugar that sets at bottom of drink.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im not a fan. I love the reverse located in between. These raxiom looks awkward, reminds me of sugar that sets at bottom of drink.
LOL right on the money!

AM please have Raxiom create a mult-element black based taillight with the near stock styling.

*Hint* People are tinting taillights for a reason.:gringreen

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
They're nice, but just not worth buying. They're subtle, which I like, but the swap seems pretty pointless.

I'm also not sure, but I believe these use standard bulb instead of LED's, ultimately making them dimmer when lit. No thank you.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
They're nice, but just not worth buying. They're subtle, which I like, but the swap seems pretty pointless.

I'm also not sure, but I believe these use standard bulb instead of LED's, ultimately making them dimmer when lit. No thank you.
In the small video it doesnt show them doing anything with the bulbs..I dont see why they would do that..

For clarification:

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/raxiom-aero-taillights.pdf

You reuse the same stock bulbs, only thing that changes is the location of the reverse light bulbs.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Gotchya. Just didn't see them as being the stock LED's. If they are reused, great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I liked them when they first showed a pic. I didn't realize that they had that "kink" in them though, that I don't like. I'll keep my stock lights.

On a side note, I heard from AM that Raxiom is working on a 2013 style light for the 10-12 and they might be out as early as late summer/early fall.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts