Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased AM's raxiom gen 2 nav - Raxiom Gen2 OE-Style Mustang GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth, Back-up Camera & HDMI 389353-D (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

How has everyone's experience been with this model? I've had it installed for a day on my 2011 base mustang and it has restarted a few times and seems glitchy (especially when I try to use the navigation). It made me wonder if updating the maps would help, but I've tried just about everything to update them and I can't figure out how. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Also, did anyone's unit come with a sd card? Mine did not, so I've been trying to update it with one I found lying around with no luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed one this weekend and had the same issues plus it was locking up and the screen display for satellite stopped showing the artist detail. Mine was so glitchy I called and did a return request. Took it out and reinstalled my factory system. I've sent it back for a refund. AM was great very cooperative. The unit was for sure defective.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My unit seemed to work out the bugs itself and is doing a lot better. My only issues are when calls come thru or the navigation voice is on. The sound will only come thru the driver side speaker, while music will play through both sides. Does anyone have a fix to that?

And I've tried running through the update maps process and I can't figure it out. I've tried plugging in a flash drive and a sd card, they're never recognized.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, step into my office.

I've been through two of these units. A gen 1 and a gen 2. The gen 1 seemed to work fine, but the steering wheel controls didn't function. I pulled it out and sent it back and replaced it with a gen 2. The gen 2 has been okay, but can be a little wonky at times. For example, if I'm using the Bluetooth phone feature, for some inexplicable reason when I hang up, the stereo kicks in. WTF? I love AC/DC and all, but I don't like "Shook me all night long" to come on out of the blue every time I end a call. Second, the maps freeze. I can be on my way somewhere and the map will just stop updating while I am en route. When I reset it, it's fine, but it's disconcerting, especially while trying to find a destination in an unfamiliar place. I've not contacted Rosen or AM about this yet, but I eventually will. All in all, this is a good system, but I think Rosen rushed it to the market without getting the bugs out.

If I have any more chronic problems with it, I'll take it out and send it back to AM. I HATE going in and out of the dash on account of the fact that I don't want to crack it or create any sort of rattle in there that will haunt me, but I will. I've heard Pioneer has a good alternative system, but I think it runs about a thousand bucks and doesn't look quite as nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And I've tried running through the update maps process and I can't figure it out. I've tried plugging in a flash drive and a sd card, they're never recognized.
You're not alone. I've tried the same thing and - nothing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For example, if I'm using the Bluetooth phone feature, for some inexplicable reason when I hang up, the stereo kicks in.
When you use the bluetooth phone feature, does the other person's voice only come through one speaker?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts