Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who have raxiom nav.. which video player do you use or would you recomend to watch videos ?
thanks in advanced

·
Registered
618 Posts
The Raxiom nav unit includes an audio/video in cable that I plugged in and sat in the glove box. I purchased a 6'foot extender cable and tucked it under the center console edge to the back seat area where I have my mini DVD player setting (I'll eventually mount DVD player under glove box). I then purchased a 12v/DC converter from Walmart for $30.00, so when I want to listen and my passenger watch a DVD on long trips, I just plug everything in, and BAM, I've got movies! Additionally, the Raxiom unit has an HD screen vs Ford's nav lower resolution screen, so movies look crystal clear. Good luck!

Jedi D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jedi

How can you unlock video playing while the car is in motion?

and, sorry about the noob question, but where do you exactly connect the 12v/DC converter ?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I play video without any problems and haven't needed to unlock anything. The 12v/DC converter is plugged into your 12v plug, and then you plug the DVD player into the converter. PM me and I'll give you the make and model of the one I have.

Jedi D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To unlock or bypass parking brake safety feature on the raxiom navigation, go to options, press keypad on the top right screen, enter passcode 1120. It will give you 2 more options. Parking brake bypass on or off and satellite radio on or off. I bought an ipod composite av cables and hooked up my ipod to watch movies and music videos. It is a lot smaller than an external dvd player.

P.S. It is dangerous to watch movies while you are driving.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This thread really makes me want to purchase the Raxiom navigation unit! Someday :handshake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts