Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: OEM 17" rims to 18"

Here are some pics of my new OEM chrome 18" bullitt rims that I swapped out for the stock 17" silver bullitts. Hope you all like them.

MustangFrontQuarter.jpg

MustangRearQuarter.jpg

MustangSide.jpg

MustangWheelClose.jpg

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Actually the FR suspension kit is high on my list now that I have the rims and tires. I worry about bottoming out or scraping under the front end.

Rule of thumb. If you think you'll scrape, you will...don't do it. For those concrete parking stops, if you think you'll go too far...you already have.

Just live by those words and you won't have problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks nice! I have a question, when you changed to the 18" Ford Wheels did you also install the steering stop that Ford recommends? If you did not, how does the steering feel ? I'm thinking of upgrading to 18" Ford wheels eventually, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Those look awesome man! Very nice. I think you should paint your calipers, now that you can see them so well! Maybe... White? :happyhapp

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rule of thumb. If you think you'll scrape, you will...don't do it. For those concrete parking stops, if you think you'll go too far...you already have.

Just live by those words and you won't have problems.
Good advice Kurgan. Also curbs can be a rims worse nightmare. I know last Friday my stock 17s met one. Come Saturday I see a local ad on CL for the 18s. It's a miracle! Don't cut corners too close!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice! I have a question, when you changed to the 18" Ford Wheels did you also install the steering stop that Ford recommends? If you did not, how does the steering feel ? I'm thinking of upgrading to 18" Ford wheels eventually, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm not aware of the steering stop. Funny I had Ford mount them and they didn't try to sell it to me. But the steering seems fine at low speeds anyway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not aware of the steering stop. Funny I had Ford mount them and they didn't try to sell it to me. But the steering seems fine at low speeds anyway.
Thanks, Ford recommends them, but many people don't seem to bother with the steering stops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.