Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I install the new throttle body spacer for the V6, will I require a retune? I don't have the tuner yet, but at 60 bucks for 6HP I really want to put this on.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I saw the same question on another post before, and the answer was "Yes".

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. A search for several incarnations of V6 Throttle Body Spacer came up with nothing but V8 stuff and the few I browsed didn't cover it.

That sucks, so this $60 part now became a $400 part.:sosad:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had a spacer on my gt for about 5k miles and it did not throw the cel.:)

·
Registered
767 Posts
You are not going to need a tune. You are not going to get 6rwhp either.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hawgman said:
You are not going to need a tune. You are not going to get 6rwhp either.
I know real-world there is gonna be no 6HP increase...but hey, a guy can dream.:tongue

Not needing a tune would be a good thing for now. I wish my wife had spent all that money on CAR MODS for my Christmas instead of Audio/Video equipment!!!!! Don't tell her that, though.:winks

·
Registered
767 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I know real-world there is gonna be no 6HP increase...but hey, a guy can dream.:tongue

Not needing a tune would be a good thing for now. I wish my wife had spent all that money on CAR MODS for my Christmas instead of Audio/Video equipment!!!!! Don't tell her that, though.:winks
You could snag the receipts ( you did keep the receipts for tax purposes, right? ) and return the AV stuff :rolleyes:

Reason there is not a need for a tune is because you technically are not changing anything as far as the volume of air to fuel. All you are doing is changing the way the air flows.

I did a pre and post TBS dyno pull on mine, got about 1hp and a couple of lbs of rwtq.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts