Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yes, she's got stock suspension and the clearance between tire and fender are too much to bear. I'm hoping someone can give me advice on everything I need to do, including the best recommended springs. I don't want to sacrafice ride quality if at all possible. Thanks!!

- Tuck
03' GT Covertible Black w/40 series flows and performance chip

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
If you don't want to sacrifice ride quality, your best bet is either the Bullitt/Mach 1 Springs or the Vogtlands along with a good quality shock/strut combination. I had Vogtland springs on 2 of my other cars, although neither was a Mustang, the ride quality was excellent on both of them, so I went with them for my Mustang also, along with the Koni STR.T shocks and struts.

The reviews on the Vogtland springs all say the ride is very close to factory, but with improved handling.

S

·
0 Posts
Agree with the above but if you're shopping around you might also look into www.bmrfabrication.com

I LOVE the springs on my 06GT - aggressive stance with driveable characteristics. You'll want to consider some caster/camber plates for the ultimate adjustability when doing wheel alignment as well.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Obvious statement here but be sure that you're ordering springs for a droptop as well... they'll have a different spring rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.