Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sitting here enjoying a beer and wandering what actions we can take to get our cars delivered. Let’s see, we called Ford CS, no action. We call our dealers, no action. We call the regional reps, no action. Short of cancelling the order, what else can we do to up the ante? Anyone have an email address for Alan Mulally? Connections to the media? Other ideas?

·
Registered
224 Posts
MustangGT/CSOwner

It has only been six weeks, and I heard that the V8 cars are slower to come than the V6. I think you need to hang loose. :yup: Looks to me like you're ordering a pretty nice car. It should be worth the wait. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the BS email I got from Ford today:

"Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the status of your ordered 2011 Ford Mustang.

I apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused you. In an effort to assist you, I have researched your inquiry. Our records indicate that the 2011 Ford Mustang are going thru a new inspection process and the vehicles will be delivered after meeting the inspection needs. Please be advised that the retail orders for 2011 Ford Mustang will be shipped/delivered around late July.

Furthermore, your Sales Representative at your selling dealership is in the best position to track your vehicle order. We recommend that you stay in contact with the Sales Department periodically."

So, no information as to the status of my VIN, Missed last "All shipped by June 30" and passing the buck to the dealer. Beyong pissed. What will their excuse be August 1?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ace_high,

Here's something that I've written. and to anyone else who's intrested in signing this letter, send me your name and VIN number, along with the date the car was made. I'm going to blanket Ford with this email. Hopefully we'll get a responce......

Fox

Mr. Alan Mulally
CEO
Ford Motor Company
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
Dear Mr. Mulally:
We are contacting you concerning our orders for 2011 Mustangs and the lack of delivery. Many of your customers have been waiting on delivery of these cars for a long period of time. Most have been waiting for 80 days, some for over 120 days. Personally, my wife and I have been waiting for two Mustang GT’s since our order on May 3rd. Our ETA was first stated as June 5th and it has not been updated since.
Your company’s reputation is being besmirched, and we as a group of enthusiasts from AllFordMustangs.com believe our complaints and questions are not being heard by the corporate leaders. For weeks, many of us have been contacting our dealerships and Ford’s Customer Service line and have not been receiving quality, accurate information concerning our orders. We have read the message that was delivered to the front lines about the June 30th shipment dates, and then there have been further delays. A majority of your customers have decided to cancel and buy dealer stock, but many others are still waiting for delivery. Those that have continued waiting, however, are feeling that the time is being spent in vain.
We, as a community, understand Ford wants to release a quality product and will put a hold when there is an issue. We actually applaud and respect the company for this, however the lack of credible information from Ford Representatives, both your dealers and customer service, has been lackluster to say the least. Many of us have orders from the beginning of the year, May build dates, and ETAs that were stated for delivery in May and it is now the middle of July. It is not the hold in general that is aggravating; it is the hold without updated information that is the source of the aggravation. But due to the lengthy hold on our vehicles, we are missing out on rebates, incentives, and time enjoying our cars. It is also known that this is hurting your dealers as well, not only in lost and withheld revenue, but also in the value lost in our trade ins. And with this, we respectfully request certain issues be addressed:

1. Accurate and forthright delivery information for each of the customers listed below.
2. Status updates notifying customers of changes in receivership of the requested vehicles in a timeline that is respectful for both parties.
3. An agreement to keep the rebates and incentives in place until the customer has signed his sales agreement, considering that many will have expired by the time this letter has been received.
We request these things, not because we are trying to be unreasonable, but because it’s the right thing to do.
Many of us have been driving Fords for many generations. My father was a General Manager of a Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealership for many years and continued to sell cars for over 40 years. He currently drives a Mazda Pickup. My sister drives a Focus, and both my wife and I drive S197 model Mustangs. My great grandfather’s first vehicle was an F100, and my grandfather continues to drive a 500 now.
This lack of information has brought about quality questions, and has made the purchasing bittersweet for all involved. We maybe overzealous customers, but it’s only because we are fanatics about Mustangs and want the best car possible, but we need this information to continue to believe in the quality of the Mustang and that Ford actually cares about its customers.
Sincerely,

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I must have a great life. BTW- I don't expect to see my Mustang until mid or late September. If it doesn't show up, I will evaluate my options, cancel the order and wait until the flow of vehicles is to my liking. I must have a great life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.