Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in retrospect I may have broke some Loring Timing Association guidelines, like the one I just read that stipulates a three point cage and helmut over 135 in a stock sedan..who knew? But DAMN, it sure was a thrill watching the needle tick off 150 after two "recon" passes.
It's not every day that you happen upon 12,000 feet of clear, clean concrete without a hint of a witness to your intent. My smarter half opted out by taking a seat by the hanger.... altho she did detect tail-tale waifs of lingering essence of cooked Pirelli.. what a thrill.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
where was this at? I have always wanted to take my mustang to a wide open concrete space(flat of course):gringreen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loring

Limestone Maine.. just about as far north and east as you can go in the Continental US and about five hours from my house in central Me.
Quite frankly.. it's on the edge of no-where..which is perfect for landing cold war era bombers or present day tire smokers.
The base closed in 1994, and was once the Strategic Air Command (SAC) B52 launching point between the Arctic and the USSR.
Recently, the Loring Timing Association convenes their once a year to make history. Check this out: Home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts