Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas on a good sound system for bass to put some thump in my car. btw people, listen to the song im mikey by the cool kids, might be called mikey rocks, i think its im mikey :) haha best thump! so any ideas.. lemme know :) im gonna blast my sub's and blow a semi off the road! :bigthumbsup

btw i have a shaker 500 system.. so i dont want to buy something and have it be worse. also.. how big are my sspeakers aha ^^ i want to replace the 2 door speakers, and anything else thats good to replace. :)

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
google your local stero shop. The only thing limiting what you can do is $$

·
Registered
122 Posts
It depends how much money you want to spend. You can spend a little money and get more clarity and a little more bass. The stock speakers in the shaker 500 are crap, especially the subs in the doors. Replacing those alone will give you more bass but you will want to get an amp to power them all.

There are a few options for the 5x7's in the doors as well. I have the infinity's (They are in my sig) they need to be powered by an amp, but they are much louder and clearer then the stock. There are other brands that arent so harsh on the tweeters though. You definitely will need to upgrade them or you wont hear anything over the bass.

As far as the subs in the trunk, you can rip the box they have in there out and get a custom box made. Most audio shops sell mustang boxes. (Get a ported one if you want people to hear it outside the car) Get Dual 12" subs. I would go with Kicker if you want more low end bass for rap, and if you like tighter bass for like rock, I would get MTX. Match up the subs you buy with an equally powerful amp. Probably will need one with at least 750 RMS. Kicker has really good amps, which are way under-rated and seem to last forever. Make sure to get a D-Class amp for the subwoofers though, because they have a higher efficency then Class A and B and wont punish your altenator as much. And depending on how many watts you need to push, you should get a capacitor and a deep cycle battery like the optima yellow tops so your lights wont dim at night and your car wont lose power.

Also, dynomatting the trunk will add about 3dB to the bass alone without even changing out anything.

Dont let the car audio guys fool you with numbers though. A 150 Watt subwoofer can create alot of bass. To double the power you feel from 150 Watts, you have to multiple the watts x10. So you would need a 1500 Watt sub to just double the power you feel from that little sub. Or you can get 2 subs :) (Its Ohms Law). So, IMHO just start big, because you will want more if you dont.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.