Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really starting to enjoy driving my little 2012 V6 pony. it is tight, rattle free, great air coditioning and so smooth to drive. The automatic is a nice change from the manual in my GT. Also the handling is fantastic. I hate to say it, but in sport mode i think the car is as good or getter than my 2011 GT. the GT is responsive but the steering on the 2012 seems much tighter with the smaller engine up front. All in all, Im really starting to like this car. i have had so many compliments about the saddle leather seats with the race red paint. The car turns heads like there is no tomorrow.:winks

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am really starting to enjoy driving my little 2012 V6 pony. ...The car turns heads like there is no tomorrow.:winks
Glad you like it! It is a pretty combination, with the paint color and chrome wheels.

Do you enjoy this vehicle more than your 2011 GT with the 3.73 gearing?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im am an old school muscle car guy. I definately enjoy the power and the fun shifting the GT. But it's rear end does whine at highway speeds and has from new. You get the usual clucking sometimes when shifting easy. I like the GT to take out on weekends and beat on it. ?Thats what I got it for. But for an everyday ride, the V6 auto beats it hands down. the only thing I am a little disapointed with is the V6 is not much better than the V8 for gas milage in every day driving. But for the initial investment it is a sweet little car. Only thing I want to do is add a CAI and tune. Maybe mufflers later on.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The V6 is also pushing 300+factory HP if im not mistaken. as far as MPG between the GTs and V6s 18-31+mpg on your car vs the 16-26 for a GT come on now who has a GT and really babys it to get that mileage? watch your MPG for your driving I bet you will be surprised to see the kind of MPG you really get. Reality of a GT is they BEG to be beat on more so than a v6. I am a v8 guy, but the v6s are extremely impressive for the 7k difference between the GT, and since the suspension isnt old school its handles and stances like a GT.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The V6 is also pushing 300+factory HP if im not mistaken. as far as MPG between the GTs and V6s 18-31+mpg on your car vs the 16-26 for a GT come on now who has a GT and really babys it to get that mileage? watch your MPG for your driving I bet you will be surprised to see the kind of MPG you really get. Reality of a GT is they BEG to be beat on more so than a v6. I am a v8 guy, but the v6s are extremely impressive for the 7k difference between the GT, and since the suspension isnt old school its handles and stances like a GT.
Even better than a GT with the PP, hands down. Someone mentioned it even handled batter than his 07 GT500.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
So the car has adapted to your driving style and is shifting better, good for you. Have fun, it must be nice to have both, a new V6 & V8. :hihi:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Always great to hear someone enjoying their mustang. That's what it's all about. Enjoying a car you love and appreciating what the car is. Have fun!:yelwacko:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm gettin close to buying my 5.0 for my daily driver, but I've been tempted to save all that money and just get the V6....seeing as you have both, which would you choose? (assuming both were A/Ts?)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Of course you are, what's not to enjoy? :bigthumbsup

I had a 2009 V6 Premium with auto (also bright red) and truly loved every minute with it. And the current cars have everything that car didn't, extra horses, great mileage, and a highly upgraded equipment list including the dual exhausts.

Nice to hear a good review for a change, your car is a beauty. I'm loving my 2012 as well for alot of the same reasons, tight, solid, responsive. Can't brag about the mileage but I wasn't expecting too, LOL.

PS Nice Wheels. :winks

·
Registered
512 Posts
That's one of the best looking stock six popper I've seen. How are the seats holding up so far as far as wrikles go? 8

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seats in the 2012 v6 are perfect. They are not wrinkling like the GT premium seats as they have stitched ribs in them.
As for choosing between them. If I had to have only one, and it would be automatic, I would stick with the 5.0. But I do love the little pony. She is just so pretty.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I didn't realize the V6 Premium had a unique leather seat, or is that part of the pony package?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pony package leather seats are the same as the standard leather seats in the GT. And if i had to do it over again, I would have ordered standard leather seats in my GT. The perforated rib stitched leather of the standard seats looks like it will stafd up much better than the premium seats in a GT. I know that first hand, as i am still battling with Ford to try and fix the wrinkled 100,000 mile looking seats in my 2011 GT that has 1200 miles on it.

Sorry for going off on a tangent and being so long winded.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a picture of the seats in the pony. The picture doesnt do the colour justice though, you have to see it !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Of course you are, what's not to enjoy? :bigthumbsup
I was wondering why the OP didn't start enjoying his car as he drove it away from the dealership

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
There's nothing to NOT enjoy. These Pony's are perfect!

·
Registered
752 Posts
So the sports mode feature is part of the 2012 Mustang v6. That's pretty cool the 2011 v6s don't have that I don't think or I just don't know how to do it. How's the handling when engaged? I haven't had the nerve to turn AdvanceTrac off compltely in my 2011 which seems to be the only choice, besides just turning off Traction Control.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.