Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting to put air shocks on my 06 v6 pony package. Can you just buy any air shocks and put them in? Or do they have to be a certain size??

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
By air shocks do you mean air bags or just a gas filled shock? If it's the gas filled shock, just get ones designed for the 05-09 V6. The Tokicos from AM are a good choice. If you mean air bags, I really don't know anything about them other than they are easily adjusted and expensive. If that's what you want PM BlownNBagged

·
Banned
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not air bags. my dad and i were talking about his old cars and he had a 1970 chevelle with air shocks on it to jack up the rear end. i was just wanting to do the same thing. he had the ones that you filled up with the air compressor.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
not air bags. my dad and i were talking about his old cars and he had a 1970 chevelle with air shocks on it to jack up the rear end. i was just wanting to do the same thing. he had the ones that you filled up with the air compressor.
Oh ok I don't even know if they make those anymore, at least for late mdoel cars anyways

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i know they make them still, lots of places sell them, but not sure for the 05+. we used to mount the air chuck fitting on one of the license plate holes. pretty sneaky huh? you would have to call around to see if they are available. i poked around on gabriels website, but i didnt come up with them.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
we used to mount the air chuck fitting on one of the license plate holes. pretty sneaky huh?
We used to mount them in the trunk, as a common prank around here years ago was to let the air out. Especially annoying if the extra height was needed to clear over-sized wheels.

OP, why do you want to raise the back on an S197? It’ll only hurt the handling, as the car’s center of mass will be higher, not to mention affect front end alignment geometries?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts