Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford has released a rear brake pkg to upgrade to the 13 inch rotors, it is just the rotors and the brackets (similar to Steeda) Is the procedure for pulling the axles in the Torsen the same as the Trac-Loc? As in "pull the pin, push in the axles, pull the c clips and slide out the axles"?
I've done a bunch of trac locs but this is my first Torsen.
Also
Does anyone else find $399 for two brackets and two rotors ridiculously expensive? (CDN is trading at about $1.49 for $1 USD at the moment not helping either!!!)

TIA

Scott

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I just did that install. The procedure was the same. Open the diff, undo the cross bolt pin, slide the block out and push the axles in. Very easy. I ordered my brackets and rotors from Tasca parts. I think it came out to like $300

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Go to an OEM repair parts website like Levittown and buy the parts there. I bought the GT500 brackets for about $60 each and two new rotors from Centric. I reused the pads and original calipers. I did it two years ago and it was about $250.

The Ford kit is just OEM stuff that's been substantially marked up. You can find a lot of the same parts offered under the Ford Racing brand (or whatever they call it now) in the OEM repair parts catalogs for a lot less than what the kits are being advertised for. Doing a little bit of homework can save a lot of money. Not always, but quite frequently.

https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thanks for the feedback - I'll get digging on the parts

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts