Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GT rolling chasis. The drivers side rear brake ABS sensor is not attached to the back plate. My son thinks it has a broken tip. It looks bent to me and almost as long as the one on the passengers side. I can put it into the hole in the back plate but I think it will just fall out. The passengers side is firmly in place. I can't see any screws or clamp holding it in place. I did not try to force it into the back plate.

Has anyone ever replaced these? I don't see a connector on the cable, the cable just disapears up into the frame. Think I can splice one in? Should I try to force the sensor into the back plate?

Your Help Will Greatly Be Appreciated!

Dane
Wynnewood, PA
610-896-0217

·
Registered
103 Posts
The black plastic sensor "body" has a bolt that holds it in place. Metric threaded I believe with a female Torx head socket required to remove it. Couldn't find a Torx socket myself so I ended up using a 12 point 1/4" socket when I removed mine. Fit ok.

The sensor body has an approximate 1/2" diameter by 1/2" long round section that fits in the cast iron hole. There is an approximate 3/16" diameter x 1/2" long metal "stud" that sticks out from the 1/2" x 1/2" plastic part and ends up maybe 1/8" away from the ABS ring on the axle. That metal part is the sensor pickup. Any damage or misalignment and I believe you'll need a new sensor.

The sensor wire runs up through the frame to a connector under the rear seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.