Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my stang in for service and mentioned the squealling rear brakes - a problem I had since day one. They inspected a found a leak in one of the calipers; the moisture from the leak was apparently causing the squeal. So, they ordered and installed new caliper and machined the rotor down a bit. No more squeal!

Also, had the Shaker replaced AGAIN. So far I've been from a G series to an A series and now I'm on a B series. The backlighting on this new B isn't working so they need to do the PMI, as per the TSB. Will be done in 2 days, apparently takes 30mins.. Hope this is the last one I need, if it skips a bit from here on out, oh well, I'll live with it I guess...

Finally, had the steering wheel replaced due to a loose rattling screw inside the old stock unit. They ordered the leather wrapped wheel from the ISAP or IUP package as a replacement - it's soooo much better than the stock one!

G

·
What is this squeeling brake noise everyone keeps talking about?

Only thing I notice is if I am driving for a while and the brakes get "cold" the first tap makes a faint quick noise then dissapears, no more after that.
Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
What is this squeeling brake noise everyone keeps talking about?

Only thing I notice is if I am driving for a while and the brakes get "cold" the first tap makes a faint quick noise then dissapears, no more after that.
Is this what you mean?
Nope, this is a squeal from the rear only brakes, at light pressure on the brake pedal. It happened whether the brakes were cold or not. Kind of embarrasing when you're driving a new car - it sounded like I was driving a '77 Pinto!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the squeaky rear brakes. When I brought it in for the first oil change, they told me the brakes were fine, probably just brake dust. Still squeaking. Very annoying, and yes, embarassing when you're driving around in a new car. I'll be bringing it in and have them check the calipers. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts