Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2006 mustang gt roush and i put ebaich coil overs into it and lowered it probably about 3 inches with 1 inch wheel spacers in the rear i have two questions, First why is my left wheel/tire about 1/4 inch out fauther from the body then the right? is there any way to lower it fauther with the bump stops being there? thanks im sorry if i did anything wrong this is my first thread

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Camber is the "tilt" of the tires. Top of the tire leaning out or in. No way to change that on a solid axle. As stated above, You need an adjustable panhard bar to adjust the left, right position of the rear axle. You can either remove the bumpstops or cut them for clearance when you lower your car that much. Its going to ride like hell though because you will have NO suspenion travel. G

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
allright thanks guys! yea i have had it all the way to the bump stops for like a week then i raised it like an inch above and its alot better i just put a turbo in it so im just waiting for it to get done so i can have it back lol

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Camber is the "tilt" of the tires. Top of the tire leaning out or in. No way to change that on a solid axle.
Not completely accurate. I know of a Pontiac that ran in the original Trans Am series with a couple or more degrees of camber on its rear solid axle. What they did was to bolt/chain the pumpkin section to the ground and jack up the ends until they stayed the way they wanted. There was enough slop in the tolerances that no other changes were necessary. Seems to me it would be "Herb Adams" for research.

I mentioned this to a friend whose son is chief mechanic on a LeMans-winning team. The friend said his son had learned where to create a weld-heat hot spot on the solid axles of race trucks (he was crew chief there too) to accomplish the same thing.

If you need it, it's out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.