Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install a rear view camera in my 96 conv. Has anyone put one in? If so, where did you locate it? I'm thinking directly in the trunk lid, but I want to hear a success story before I go drilling holes in my trunk. Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
thats a tough call, my friend. You might be hard pressed to find anyone with a rear camera on a Stang. Must be for the bling factor.... Anyway, I don't blame you for not wanting to drill in the trunk lid. Maybe look around the rear bumper cover for a good spot. Or.... I've actually seen cars with a camera that replaced the keyhole for the trunk....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Stork...yeah, kinda for the bling factor. I have the screen and I can get the camera for close to nothing...so why not?? Good call on the keyhole, I didn't even think of that....but sounds perfect...

·
Registered
123 Posts
is the car going to be for show? in my car i have all custom things around my car and my focal point is my backseat which i removed for a custom built box and amp shelf that sits flush in my backseat location, i installed the camera facing outwords from the middle of the box, so when your looking at my custom audio, you can see yourself lookin at it, gets alot of laughs and brings attention to my car at local shows, but then agian i have a monitor in the box so they can easily see themselves, if you have the monitor up front its a little different. give ya suttin to think about

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.