Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 convertible with 100K miles--so I'm starting to look for a new one. My biggest complaint about my current car is that the Rear Window Defroster quit on me just after the waranty was over (of course). My mechanic soldered the wire, but told me frankly it wouldn't last--and he was right. He said it was an inherent problem with the convertible and suggested I buy a new rear window (for $700 at the time), but there was no way to guess if that would last. So I've been scraping the back window (which the last two winters has been pretty frequent). Any advice?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can only vouch for my experiance in Georgia. And yes we got snow this year... and ice. The rear defroster works decent. I have not heard any issues with them, but I have not be looking either.

Also, the 2010+ Mustangs (with the premium cloth top)... you cnat just replace the rear window... its a whole new top!!! This according to my dealer when I told him I saw a delivery truck with a mustang convertible driving through ATL. The cars top had been released and was up about 2 feet and was flapping in the breeze. I tried to get the drivers attention but it was dark. I bet he was pissed when he got to the dealership!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts