Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have my 88 gt roller :bigthumbsup how ever no motor no tranny no drive shaft and now i relized i also got it with no rear gears =[ so i was trying to move it and of corse i didnt know it didnt have rear gears soooo the axcels were coming out of the rear and i was unable to move it sooo what do you guys suggest redo the rear 8.8 or get a nine inch ? and if so can i get a 9 inch with rear disk brakes and will it bolt right up to the 88 gt? thanks guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
want to put a built 351w (maybe stroked) in it i have no set bugget just work and put money into it my goals to make around 500 hp 400tq or something around that

·
Registered
575 Posts
you can build up the rear you already have. theres guys that a running in the 8's with a built 8.8. just get some guys, and some type of diff. and strengthen it up. weld the tubes, had some 31 spline axles, a reinforced diff cover the sky's the limit really. the 9's are nice but it'll cost you, and you already have a rear just need to finish it. you can really just had gears, and locker and be done also.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sounds like the gears are not all that is missing. Seems that you also don't have a differential. You can build that 8.8 with all new parts. You could also shop around for used stuff. There are a lot of people selling their used parts to upgrade to something else. There is a classified section on this board and you can also look on craigslist, ebay and racingjunk for good used parts.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You set up a 8.8 pretty nice that will be enough for your projected numbers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts