Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am about ready to do a complete upgrade on my rear end. I had a few questions and also wanted to make sure I am getting the right parts.

I currently have a 2007 GT with a KB 2.6L running at 440HP/427tq.

I will be getting the following:

Steeda Adjustable UCA
Steeda Billet LCA's
Steeda Panhard Bar
Steeda Panhard Bar Brace
Moser 31 spline axles.
FRPP 3.73 gears
FRPP Traction LOK differential
FRPP Alum. Differential Cover
Dynotech Alum. Driveshaft

I am aiming for a goal of 650HP, and will be planning for a new forged shortblock and TCI Super Streetfighter 5R55 automatic next spring.

I wanted to make sure I am not missing anything worthwhile while I am under there.

I was wondering if I should just go ahead and get the 9" rear while I am at it, or will the 8.8" be sufficient.
Also, are the rear LCA relocation brackets a good buy, as my car is lowered also.

Any advice or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you're going to be upping the horsepower why not change to a built 9" now? You can spec one out with differential, axles, and gears of your choice all for under $3k crated and shipped.

As for your list, if you're going to beef up the 8.8 for now, skip the billet lca's and get tubular. Billet's for bling, tubular's for strength. (those will work with the 9" rear anyway, as will the uca).

For the adjustable uca, I'd go with the Metco, JPC, or UPR pieces.

Skip the Moser axles, barely more strength than stock in 31 spline replacements so not worth it.

YES, definitely get the LCA relocation brackets!!

I don't know what the FRPP diff cover specs / details are, but LPW makes one of the, if not the, best.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not even think of being able to get a crate rear end, but more of getting the housing and assembling everything. I think I will look into that.

I will definitely add the brackets and check out the other items you mentioned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
If you're going to be upping the horsepower why not change to a built 9" now? You can spec one out with differential, axles, and gears of your choice all for under $3k crated and shipped.

As for your list, if you're going to beef up the 8.8 for now, skip the billet lca's and get tubular. Billet's for bling, tubular's for strength. (those will work with the 9" rear anyway, as will the uca).

For the adjustable uca, I'd go with the Metco, JPC, or UPR pieces.

Skip the Moser axles, barely more strength than stock in 31 spline replacements so not worth it.

YES, definitely get the LCA relocation brackets!!

I don't know what the FRPP diff cover specs / details are, but LPW makes one of the, if not the, best.

Yep, what he said! Ditto the UPR control arms. Ditto the built rear end. Ditto the relocation brackets.

I used Strange Engineering for my rear end.

Incidentally, another glaring omission from the original build listed was a good differential. With a $$$ build, you don't want to use a traction lock diff.

I'm thinking about trying a Torsen in my '06, but the lockers are nice too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i second that lpw cover. the low profile one goes for $156 making it cheaper and better quality can't go wrong there. i'd go 9in rear if you're planing on making more power. might as well go all out rather than maybe needing one later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts