Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting at a red light when a woman apparently takes her foot off the gas and pops me in the rear. As I'm getting out I'm thinking "Oh no you've got to be kidding me." She's immediately giving me her "I've had such a rotten day" excuse as I'm walking back to the rear of the car. I say "Do you have any idea what you just ran into?" She says "Yes I know a baby when I see one." I look her over real good (the car although she wasn't too shabby either) and no damage so I guess those 5 mph bumpers do their job. I wasn't too happy about it though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You should have clocked that ***** right in mouth. No, I am just kidding! Do you have tires or horse shoes on your mustang? What luck, glad to hear there was not any damage. I was backing into the garage and smushed my shop vac against the wall and my bumper (wife moved it on me). There was no damage and no scratches.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would still have the "bumper" checked. There is stuff behind the bumper that absorbs the impact. If it has been crushed, then it wont absorb as much the next time around. You are not as protected as you were before.

·
Registered
86 Posts
do you realize how horrible it is to read this crap, now something bad is going to happen and I am going to cry.... lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Shoulda said "Ouch my neck is killing me!!!". That would have left her paranoid for the next few months that she would be getting called by an ambulance chasing lawyer, which would make her more careful next time she is sitting at a set of lights:clap .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well.. I got rear-ended 50mph on freeway last Saturday. The guy was driving a toyota truck, uninsured..! Luckily I have coverage for such idiots - hope he rots in a jail for a while.. However, no injuries (*knocks wood*) or at least everyone walked out of my 'stang. The rear was totally busted (taillights, bumper, trunk door, bulge(s) on fender(s), ...). Crap. Just wondering, what is the usual treshold for totaling a new car in CA.. :doh: :weeps

·
Registered
100 Posts
i swear, everytime i log onto one of these boards, another 05 in the bay area is getting vandalized or crashed into...

i am leaving my at home now. forever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was bumped while sitting at a stop light. Unfortunately, the little Chevy Astro Van left a black mark on my bumper that my body shop guy said will cost $480 to repair, once he does all the paint matching. I got the money from the fellow's employer to fix it, but what a hassle! Guess it could have been worse though...

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
karazuba said:
i swear, everytime i log onto one of these boards, another 05 in the bay area is getting vandalized or crashed into...

i am leaving my at home now. forever.
Oh, heck yes, rolled, tboned, rear ended, t-boned, bumped, scratched. I had a Chevy truck since 97 and never got a dent or scratch on it. Maybe I should forget the idiot magnet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mikeandjean said:
I was bumped while sitting at a stop light. Unfortunately, the little Chevy Astro Van left a black mark on my bumper that my body shop guy said will cost $480 to repair, once he does all the paint matching. I got the money from the fellow's employer to fix it, but what a hassle! Guess it could have been worse though...
I got a minor black mark on my bumper too just last week. Luckily guys in detailer were able to puff it off. But if it stays there for a week or so, it might not be possible anymore since CA sun burns all sh*t on the paintjob pretty badly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain. I am hoping to get my 05 back by next week. Rear ended and was over 3500 in damage. Parts were an issue but the last one was supposed to arrive today. Got hit 6 days after I got it and that was 07/08. Hoping for good results.

Andy McCoy
Dover, De

1 - 11 of 11 Posts