Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's summer (well it feels like summer) in central Texas, we've had weeks of hot sun and temperatures of 100-106 F seemingly every day. When I park my car in the sun, I've noticed the rear bumper cover seems to lose its shape slightly in this extreme heat. The gaps or seams between the bumper cover and the trunk and fender body panels get bigger, and don't fit as smoothly together. It's not a huge change, it maybe changes the seam fit by 1 mm or so. I doubt anyone but the owner would notice anything is amiss.

Anyone else notice this fit/finish issue in hot weather?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am in El Centro, CA and we are expecting temps between 106 and 113 this week. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I notice anything.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Supposed to hit 109 in Vegas this week... will keep an eye on it and advise if there are any "issues"..

·
Registered
384 Posts
we see it happen on both of ours. The V6 was misaligned a little from the factory, when it is 100+ outside it looks perfect. When it cools off, back to original.

The GT/CS was perfect from the factory when it goes above 100 it has a gap open up on the passenger side almost wide enough to see to the inside.

I bet as folks start watching they will see it too. Doubt there is anything you can do to stop it. Plastic does weird things as it heats and cools.

The Shelby never moves regardless of the temperature. It has a perfect fit all the time. Has nothing to do with being a GT500 just the difference in the cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.