Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the rear end up 10" to level the car with my race ramps and looking for a suitable point to lift the whole rear end if possible. Know there is some debate on using the diff for several reasons so looking for a fail safe method. If I can't get the whole rear end up at once, what can I use to get one side up then block and do the other side so once done, the whole rear end will be up 10" ahd level.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
This whole thing is getting ridiculous.

If you have a good floor jack then just jack it up under the diff, just make sure the front tires are blocked well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, use the floor jack on the rear differential. The differential has plenty of meat hanging below the cover so there is no way any force from the jack's lifting pad could be placed on the cover and cause a leak. This wasn't necessarily true back in the day of old muscle cars.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Great idea to start a new topic on the same subject as the other lifting topics.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wingless

The search function is not as easy as I would have thought. I spent a good amount of time trying to find the info before I posted. I am thankful that some members felt differently then you as I needed the info prior to ordering some ramps. I do thank the members who took the time and helped me out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.