Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear window lovers are on and one of the hinges came off cuz of the tape gave way must have have placed it right. i tried putting 3m double sided stick on it but its not strong enough.

now i did find the hinges for sale individualy for sale a while back but cant find the website any more. any body know where i can find them?? or any suggestions on type of tape??

·
Registered
883 Posts
MRT sells the install kit for the hinged Visus louvers

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Get some of this tape, 3M Super Strong Automotive Attachment Tape - 03609. Remove old tape from hinge. Clean hinge with alcohol. Prep the hinge with Adhesive Promoter. Apply the new 3M Tape and apply pressure. (I clamped mine and let it sit over night). Clean the window with alcohol. Prep the window with Adhesive Promoter where the hinge will be placed. If cold, warm up the window with a hair dryer. Apply the hinge and keep pressure on it for at least 1 min. Let the hinge sit over night before attaching the louver to it. Keeping the hinges secured to the window is all in the prepping. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ what he said I have done that and its held all summer in 116 degree heat even! :bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.