Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black GT coupe and want to install a real nice rear louver on it.

I'm seeing a few different ones but really want to buy a nice one that compliments the car not cheapen it up. I would like a one piece powder coated one. I have no place near where I live to see any of these so if you have a pic please post them.

Also where is the best place to buy one? I also need the best price!:eyepoppin

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've been happy with the Classic Design Concepts louvers. My biggest fear was that they would rattle, but happily not a single squeek. You can see pictures in my gallery.

www.classicdesignconcepts.com

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
myltlpny said:
I've been happy with the Classic Design Concepts louvers. My biggest fear was that they would rattle, but happily not a single squeek. You can see pictures in my gallery.

www.classicdesignconcepts.com
man... i am so close to pulling the trigger on the louvers... LOL!

For some reason they are $15.00 cheaper if you get them from MRT (they resell CDC)

MRT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CDC, MRTWhere is the difference in the two.
I really would like some that inhance the appearance of the car. I',m doing side louvers as well and the one on the front to the quarter panel.
I don't like the cheap looking stuff it really messes the car up. (Don't get me wrong I want to pay the cheapest price thought :eyepoppin )

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Pony said:
(Don't get me wrong I want to pay the cheapest price thought :eyepoppin )
Don't we all!:)
The CDC louvers are a bit pricey, and they've lowered the price a couple of dollars since I bought mine. :doh:
But all in all, they're a very quality product. Powder coated aluminum, no rattles and lots of visibility from inside. The plastic louvers are cheaper, but they fade right away, and they reduce visibility.
I'm trying to make high quality modifications to my car - even if it means doing less. Take paint for instance. Instead of just adding the black accents, I had the body shop remove the parts, prep, paint, clearcoat the entire part, and then reinstall. When you rub your hand over the hood, there's no ridges where the tape was. It did mean I had to go with a less ambitious paint scheme, but what I got hits the mark very well. My point is, go for quality even if it means waiting or scaling back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
10-4 I agree all the way. Quality first. (Of course Ford needs to live up to this a bit more:) )

Do the two look and act different?
Also who has the best prices now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.