Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Decided to get rid of that large gap between the rear tire and the fender well so I purchased the Ford Rosch Rear Springs (only) and an adjustable panhard brace...

Now the car is competely level and I still have the height in the front end to take driveways and other road hazards without bottoming out....

With the spoiler, every inch counts...

Handling better too...

Check my pictures...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Looks Great.....I thought of that about a month ago, and forgot about it, thanks! :drink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like and thats exactly what I'm looking for too. Would you give me some details please such as cost, a link for the parts, how hard it was to install the parts and if you had to have the front end realigned after install. Thank you and again thats a great looking ride you got.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That does look sharp!

May have to do something similiar real soon. Please post details on this!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Kanno said:
I like and thats exactly what I'm looking for too. Would you give me some details please such as cost, a link for the parts, how hard it was to install the parts and if you had to have the front end realigned after install. Thank you and again thats a great looking ride you got.
Just what Kanno said above for me too. :worship

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice! Stock the car looks like it needs a bigger overall diameter on the rear... or you could just drop it ;)

Where'd you get the surrounds for the taillights?

·
Registered
196 Posts
discofan said:
Guys,

Decided to get rid of that large gap between the rear tire and the fender well so I purchased the Ford Rosch Rear Springs (only) and an adjustable panhard brace...

Now the car is competely level and I still have the height in the front end to take driveways and other road hazards without bottoming out....

With the spoiler, every inch counts...

Handling better too...

Check my pictures...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
Excuse my ignorance, but did you have to do the panhard brace with this mod? And what does the panhard brace do? TIA

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Guys,

Now here's the scoop!!!

Bought the rear springs from Ford Rosch Accessories web site:

http://www.fordaccessories.com/catalog/fordaccessories/cars/mustang/roushaccessories.aspx

It's the only place I found that will sell (rear springs only)... Cost $103.45

Got an adjustable panhard brace off ebay from about $94.25 plus shipping...

The adjustable panhard brace is used to re-align the rear axle and differential after lowering springs are installed...

Had my friendly neighborhood muffler shop do the installation. These guys paid me just to have a chance to work on a perfect 2005 GT...

No front end alignment necessary!!!

Tail lights are outlined with 1/4" pinstriping tape in the same color as the car. Cost is $4.95 for 40 feet (and I have plenty left) Pretty slick, hah???

Easy to do, looks great, many compliments from others...

Now if I use larger (bigger diameter) tires someday, they will fill the wheel wells very nicely...

Dave :wavey :wavey :wavey :wavey

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow... it really looks like a chrome piece in the pics, looks sharp though! Mine's black, so I'm looking for something more like a 1-piece chrome (probably actually plastic) piece. I've seen some kits on ebay, but they're all multi-piece. Bah, eventually I guess.

Kinda holding off on appearance mods 'till at least next year... one so I can pay off a good chunk of the car *before* I start messing with it and two 'cause I'm hoping the long I wait the better the aftermarket'll get ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
One big problem though! Once you lower the back end the fender "GT" emblem is not level!! Ever notice how the emblem is slanted on the fenders? :kooky:Now your car will look like its crooked. :hihi:

Jeff
----------------------------
2005 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue
Light Graphite Leather
5 Speed
Shaker 1000
Dark Tinted Windows
Side Mirrors Painted To Match

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jalapeno said:
Hey Disco,:wavey

What size wheels and tires do you have on your car? They look pretty sharp.:eyepoppin
I am running 255/45/18" Falken GR451 ZR tires on Chrome Bullit Wheels...

Dave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jdruid said:
Are they any good? Does anyone know anything about these.

EDIT - I re-read the pricing info, I was mistaken on what it cost.
I purchased just the rear springs from Ford Rosch Accessories for $130.45 including shipping...

These are sold by Ford so "I guess" the quality is pretty reliable...

Eibach only sells their lowering springs in sets of four (Front and Back)...

I did not want the front springs - hence - I paid about half the $$$...

But the good part is that by only lowering the rear, I do not need a camber kit or a front end alignment...

Dave

·
Registered
176 Posts
disco..that car is flippin sweeeeeet!!:happyhapp

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never heard a bad thing about Roush accessories EXCEPT that they can be expensive. So I find it very interesting that this is the first time that they were the least expensive way to go! :)

Looks real nice - great mod!! :drink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice! You've got me thinking of the same mods. I love the tail light surround. I always thought the rear lights needed something. Great job!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think I'm the the only one here who doesn't like the look. I don't know...it looks more even, but I don't like the stance of the car with the rear end level with the front.

I like everything else you did with it, though! :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
discofan said:
I am running 255/45/18" Falken GR451 ZR tires on Chrome Bullit Wheels...

Dave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
What's the difference between chrome,chrome plated,and polished??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts