Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that removing any weight from the car is benefitial to preformance but I also know that weight in the rear of the car evens the weight of the car giving the rear more traction. I have had two people in the back seat with stock rear tires and could feel a little more traction when I started off, so wouldnt removing that weight be taking away traction? no weight in the truck except the battery and I also plan on removing the spare and tools.. unless I need the weight?​

·
Registered
413 Posts
Personaly I dont think the rear seat has enough weight to make any difference in traction.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I think loosing whatever little traction help the backseat gives you is worth the weight your taking out of your car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The back seat probbly does not make a big enough difference to effect anything. If its a street car i would just leave the seats in just incase someone has to ride with you.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Every little pound helps when you're looking for an extra tenth. The back seat is pretty useless unless you're 10 or younger...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I took my rear seat out just because the delete kit looks better. Like eagle said it's useless, I wouldn't ride in the back.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i think you will loose a big 50 pounds when you take your seats out. all depends. im going to take mine out bc no one sits back there anyways. but if your carting ppl arounds i dont think its worth it. and that delete or the ones i have seen are pricey and are like 20 pounds

R

·
0 Posts
it takes 10HP to move 100 lb's

so 50lb reduction = 5free HP

and to echo what everyone is saying the backseat of a mustang is there for decorations and peopled under the agae of 10

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I would not take it out. The only way that I would take it out is if I were going to a track or something. Just around the street I do not think so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts