Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just wondering if anyone has installed a rear seat delete kit and installed subs into it?
I have 2 twelve inch rockford fosgate p1s in a qlogic bandpass dual ported box. One problem, box wont fit in my trunk. I took out the back seats and frame trying to get it to fit. So, since I already took everything out I figure I might as well do a rear seat delete type of deal. I want to use both subs if I can and have them facing the front of the car mounted where your back would be if your in the back seat. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Zach

·
Registered
558 Posts
Did that in my v6 mustang. 2 kicker CVT8's in a homemade rear seat delete sub box. Send me a PM if your really interested in how to do this, I still have my dimensions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Face your subs forward and listen, then turn them around so they face the back of the trunk and I can guarantee it will sound way better.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Face your subs forward and listen, then turn them around so they face the back of the trunk and I can guarantee it will sound way better.
This doesn't always work to one's advantage. Generally, the reflection off the rear of the car improves sub-bass response by adding to the wave length and taking advantage of the wave reflections. Unfortunately, in some cases, the reflection can result in sub bass cancellation at certain frequencies, which will leave a huge hole in the sound. In other words, results have been known to vary with this method and it really depends on placement and how much reflection one encounters prior to the sound reaching their ears.

I had better results with the direct cabin fire method through the pass thru, but this method is extremely labor intensive. I also had great success with corner mounting the subs in the rear of the vehicle similar to how the Stealthbox or shaker 1000 sub enclosure works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts