Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase a 2022 Mustang Mach 1. I want the car loaded and one of the options is "rear seat delete". I've only seen pictures (nothing in person) and I can't decided if I like it or not. Since nobody has ever sat in the rear seat of my previous 5 GTs functionality isn't a factor. Does it look finished or just like an extension of my trunk? What about extra road noise? Any thoughts of pics would be appreciated.

Only Ford could come up with an option where they charge you extra for less.

·
Administrator
5,104 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy with the seat as normal. If you really want to do a delete, do it yourself, so it can be reversed. If you ever decide to sell the car, not having the rear seat installed could be a disadvantage.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm curious, how much for the rear seat delete? I agree with the others, buy it with the seat.

·
Super Moderator
8,418 Posts
I think the rear seat helps with sound deadening.

5 GTs? Any problems selling them with a rear seat? Would you have problems selling one without the rear seat? Something to ponder.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. It was just kind of a passing thought which I've decided to forgo. I'll save the $250 for my first speeding ticket. I've been out looking at colors (hard to find any inventory on lots) and have decided on the Cyber Orange Metallic. I'll be placing the order Monday and then the 4 to 6 month wait begins.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang GT Oxford White Black Accent
15 Posts
I love the rear seat delete and think it looks gorgeous. My three year old loves my “white car” and always wants to go for a ride, otherwise I’d have it in my car. The minute he’s old enough for the front seat the rear seat delete is going in.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Adding a Rear Seat Delete - setup is easy to do if you decide to later. Put the rear seats on eBay, they'll probably sell in a week.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
This was my solution several months ago when the rear seat delete "bug" bit me. I also have grandchildren, so I had to save the option to use the seat.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Rectangle Bumper

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting ready to purchase a 2022 Mustang Mach 1. I want the car loaded and one of the options is "rear seat delete". I've only seen pictures (nothing in person) and I can't decided if I like it or not. Since nobody has ever sat in the rear seat of my previous 5 GTs functionality isn't a factor. Does it look finished or just like an extension of my trunk? What about extra road noise? Any thoughts of pics would be appreciated.

Only Ford could come up with an option where they charge you extra for less.
Hi!

I am also getting a mach 1 2022 and just received the production date of 1.10 wbt ur status?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi!

I am also getting a mach 1 2022 and just received the production date of 1.10 wbt ur status?
That great! I ordered mine at the beginning of December and was told delivery would be in 4 to 6 months. I've ordered the upgraded suspension package which won't be available until March so I'm hoping for the new ride at the end of April. What color did you get?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts