Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i've done my research on tires and i've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I'm just buying two for the rear because they are basically dead.

The size i was looking to buy would be 225/60R16. This is slightly wider than stock but I'm hoping it might help a little with traction.

Current mods to the car are Borla axleback, CAI, SCT XCAL 3, and aluminum driveshaft.

Will my car have enough power to turn these tires just fine or should i look for a stock sized tire?

thanks for the help
-Joe

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
hey everyone, i've done my research on tires and i've decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires. I'm just buying two for the rear because they are basically dead.

The size i was looking to buy would be 225/60R16. This is slightly wider than stock but I'm hoping it might help a little with traction.

Current mods to the car are Borla axleback, CAI, SCT XCAL 3, and aluminum driveshaft.

Will my car have enough power to turn these tires just fine or should i look for a stock sized tire?

thanks for the help
-Joe
i put a set of the stock bfg spec tires on when i first got it. i went stock on the frt and 235/60-16 on the rear. they are a tad wider and a tad taller, but i really like them.

·
Registered
786 Posts

thanks for the help
-Joe
Dood, your car will not even notice the change. My 4.0 is "turning" 275/45/18's just fine, in fact she can turn em till they r burnnin.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ya, the 225 you wont even notice its wider, and the 235 barely shows too. it sucks that there are no cool tire sizes for 16", thats what i ran into. so next time around, i`m going 17"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.