Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2020 Mustang ecoboost. I lowered it with riaction coilovers.
I've blown through my stock rear shock mounts twice.
I'm looking to get stronger after market ones, any recommendation?

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
Wow, I am not familiar with those mounts, but that does not sound "normal" at all; you might want to find and correct the problem that is causing this . . . are those springs crazy stiff; or crazy short so it is constantly bottoming out or something like that?

Reactions: huberoy123

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I am not familiar with those mounts, but that does not sound "normal" at all; you might want to find and correct the problem that is causing this . . . are those springs crazy stiff; or crazy short so it is constantly bottoming out or something like that?
I took my car to get them installed and they messed up the upper shock mounts. A few months later both rear shocks ended up bad so i took it to the riaction tech so he can help me fix the problem. He said that it was constantly bottoming out and thats how my upper mounts broke. He said they didnt adjust something correctly thats why it kept bottoming out. So he recommended I get stronger Upper Mounts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that you need to find out what they failed to adjust,since this is the cause of the bottoming out. I also found something that possibly addresses your issue. See the links.
2015-2020 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount S550 - UPR

Steeda 555 8151 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mount - 10mm (15-21)
Well the Riaction Tech told me that the place i took it to didn't adjust the travel time and something with the shock fluid. So he replaced the shocks with brand new ones and readjusted everything. He just recommended i get stronger reinforced upper shock mounts. I was looking at the J&M Rear Upper Shock Mounts but wasnt sure and wanted some help

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Well the Riaction Tech told me that the place i took it to didn't adjust the travel time and something with the shock fluid. So he replaced the shocks with brand new ones and readjusted everything. He just recommended i get stronger reinforced upper shock mounts. I was looking at the J&M Rear Upper Shock Mounts but wasnt sure and wanted some help
I don’t know about that particular product but I have a set of J&M control arms that are of good quality. Those probably/maybe are too.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If they are advertised, as being stronger than stock, you should be okay. Thy are a well known brand for suspension parts.

·
Registered
10,154 Posts
I'd probably take a look at BMR and Steeda also; but J&M should be fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts