Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time I used the little flip thing on the rearview mirror because the guy behind be lights were too bright. Once I did everything was blurred/deformed. I couldnt even consider using it that way, so I flipped back to daytime and made some distance between us.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
the bottom half of my mirror is always distorted. it's like a fun house mirror. the car behind me always has a long face. i reported this to the dealer when i got it, and they stated it was within specs or something.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, My t-bird wasnt like this, nor was any other car I ever drove. Unacceptable to me. Adding it to list for 1st dealer visit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine does it tooo........try driving a fusion they are that way no matter what you do......:cool:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I replace my mirror with an auto dim type. No more flipping back and forth between day/night. No distortion either. :wavey

·
Registered
394 Posts
2k5GTC said:
I replace my mirror with an auto dim type. No more flipping back and forth between day/night. No distortion either. :wavey
What brand and how much was it? How hard to install? You've got my attention now :eyepoppin

·
Registered
816 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
What brand and how much was it? How hard to install? You've got my attention now :eyepoppin
The best is Mito. Mito makes the mirrors for Ford, so I figured they can be trusted. hehe Check my post here -> Mirror. When I got it at www.etronics.com , it was $199.00 for the auto dim with compass and outside temp display. They have a full range of models up to and including the one with Homelink. It was an easy install, once I searched these forums for how to remove the original mirror. :wavey http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=359988&postcount=10

·
Registered
816 Posts
2k5GTC said:
The best is Mito. Mito makes the mirrors for Ford, so I figured they can be trusted. hehe Check my post here -> Mirror. When I got it at www.etronics.com , it was $199.00 for the auto dim with compass and outside temp display. They have a full range of models up to and including the one with Homelink. It was an easy install, once I searched these forums for how to remove the original mirror. :wavey
Oops! Ok, so I was tired when I posted this. Mito is a supplier. Gentex is the manufacturer of these mirrors for Ford and other OEMs. Sorry for the boo-boo. :rolleyes: :wavey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts