Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm a 'newbie'. So I have to join the fun and ask for opinions, help, etc. :) Any suggestions on brand of rear window louvers? Love the look/style - similar to my Dad's 69 Mach. Are there different applications out there? Like 3m tape vs. bolt-on? Preferences? I think I would rather go with tape....

Also, CJ's Pony Parts website has a hood-pin kit that 'sticks' on. Has anyone used these or anything similar?? Good, bad, indifferent?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've seen the louvers on one car. It looks good but you have to be careful which brand you buy. On hers, the top louver looked like it stuck up too far. I have the hood pins on my vert. They look real to the untrained eye. The only problem I've had is that the cable end tends to scratch off the chrome on the pin and the pins are hard to remove. You have to be real careful pulling them so you don't scratch the paint. Here area couple of pics. You can get an idea what they look like. Sorry I don't have better ones but the hood is up in all my good shots. I think they are good for about 15 horsepower :laughlitt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
fordgrl99 said:
Yep, I'm a 'newbie'. So I have to join the fun and ask for opinions, help, etc. :) Any suggestions on brand of rear window louvers? Love the look/style - similar to my Dad's 69 Mach. Are there different applications out there? Like 3m tape vs. bolt-on? Preferences? I think I would rather go with tape....

Also, CJ's Pony Parts website has a hood-pin kit that 'sticks' on. Has anyone used these or anything similar?? Good, bad, indifferent?
www.classicdesignconcepts.com - they also have a killer ducktail spoiler and chin spoiler as well as a really nice set of louvers. i believe they are tape on b/c i dont see any screws. the roush i had used 3 hex screws to bolt on the louver to a metal piece that was attached to the window glass itself with 3m tape. best of both world b/c you could remove it for cleaning, but had no holes. it was nice. www.roushparts.com has them for $167 ($190 for CDC's)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I also went with the CDC rear window louvers. They look like they stick up a bit too much at first, until you get in the car and realize they're angled the way they are so as to not interfere with your rear view. They went on easy enough, just cut out the templates and put the stick on pads in the right place. They don't rattle at all. The only problem I had on installation was getting the top mounts between the window glass and the roof. The top mounts clip to the glass as well as stick on it. The tab they had to clip to the glass would not fit in the gap without a little work with a file. Several other people on the list have mentioned the same thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the CDC rear louvers and really like them. As for the top mounts I found that if you move the mount over from the edge about 6 to 8 inches and angle them a bit they will slip over the glass and then slid them into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
my bad, fordgirl99, when you said rear window louvers i thought you were referring to the quarter windows. i hadnt even heard of rear window louvers for the 05-06's until just now... and i guess i overlooked the part where you wanted your car to look like your dads '69 mach ......... :sterb: me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.