Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much can I expect to get either off MSRP (sticker) or below or at invoice? How do you go about coming up with a fair offer price?

·
Registered
585 Posts
How much can I expect to get either off MSRP (sticker) or below or at invoice? How do you go about coming up with a fair offer price?
Also here in Carolina....Dealer quote of Invoice +$400 minus any incentives, on anything I choose to buy/order.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I ordered my GT through Costco. They referred me to a dealer that sold the car at dealer invoice. His invoice was same as what you see on Edmunds.com, plus about $500 for advertising. So - am getting car at Edmunds dealer invoice price + $500.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hmmm, does invoice include holdback? What about processing fees, docking fees, etc.?
Invoice does not include Holdback (roughly $1000 on a $36K car). It also does not include tax or dealer doc and processing fees. So $500 over is a $1500 deal for the dealer.

It does include local/regional advertising contributions which, as noted above, are roughly $500 in my area anyway..The advertising add will not show in Edmunds or any on-line invoice data.

·
Registered
45 Posts
MSRP, Dealer-Invoice, Dealer-Cost

The various websites show MSRP (Suggested Retail) & Dealer Invoice w/Holdback.
The dealer pays less, Dealer-Price, after he receives his 'bonus', the Dealer Holdback.

It's always nice to have the info that the dealer actually pays.
1% over dealer invoice, Column-2, is reasonable, because his cost is Column-3.

See:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2010/01/2011_mustang_gt_price_1.jpg

-RadioRich :wavey

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got my car through Costco
Invoice + $100, no haggling.
plus license fee, advertising fee, tax

·
Registered
381 Posts
now this is Canadian pricing, but sticker on mine was $29,828

He gave it to me for 28,259

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The invoice a dealer will show you DOES include holdback. If you look at the line items on the bottom, you will see it. The number on the invoice includes this amount. Quite honestly, with the demand of the 2011 Mustang so far and all the delivery problems of the GTs, a dealer would be stupid to give up any holdback or to even sell for the "invoice amount" they show you. If you don't want it, someone does. I hate this when I'm told this, but in this case it is true. That is why I'll drive my 2010 until late in the 2011 model year or the 2012 model year when normal discounts will likely be widely available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fair price

Hi guys,

Great thread!

Is this a good price?

2011 6cyl base, auto transmission
dealer invoice 22,794( 21,078 base + 866 auto + 850 shipping)
- 1000 rebates(college grad and 500)
= 21,794

Jay

·
Registered
76 Posts
My sticker was $29,800 and I paid $26,114 for it. That included $1250 in rebates at the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well i would expect you could get a decently well loaded GT for 28,000$ from a dealership. It really depends on if you find a dealer who is willing to make minimum for the car, and what options you get on.

I don't honestly see you getting a fully loaded 2011 for anything LESS then 25,000$ Cuz thats less then D-price for employees.

But having the hookup and going through RELIABLE online dealers works well. They don't have to do anything but tell ford SHIP it to the customer so there hassle is less so they can charge less. Sit that car on a lot, have a dealership have to ship and dock it. Plus fords promotional charge! That price goes up alot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm paying $22,600 for my base V6 with the Rapid Spec 101A package and the 3.11 rear axle package. It came up as $23,685 and the dealer gave $1085 off. Going to see about getting an X-Plan PIN before signing the final paperwork.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.